I thought this was a great message. Even if it should say "yesterday has gone". . . :)

In addition to the dreamy dermatologist, I also had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Ren last week. I seriously thought about cancelling it, since I didn't need a fill, but by the time I got it together to actually call, it was too late to cancel. So, I wound up going.
Every time I'm in that office, I wonder if someone who knows me through the blog is in the waiting room, but so far, no one has ever said anything. I totally sported my new hot pink DVF sheath dress (photo in recent post). I figured that if I had to go to the appointment, I might as well represent! Hee hee :)
Maybe I'm overly emotional, but every time I get to Dr. Ren's office, I feel like I just want to burst into tears -- tears of happiness, relief and gratitude. I suppose that being in that waiting room really drives home for me how far I've come with my band, and reminds me of all the many steps along the way. So I totally rein it in, but when I was talking to Dr. Ren, I wound up getting all teary-eyed. She was really happy with my progress and glad that I'm having a relatively easy time of maintenance. She even asked me if I'd gone public about my surgery, since they get a lot of media requests. As fun as that sounds, I don't want to do it -- I like my privacy too much.
Anyway, I started telling her how good I feel, how much I'm enjoying life, and how much better my quality of life is now that I'm comfortable all of the time and have been able to let go of the self-loathing I felt about my weight. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart for everything she has done to help me along in this process and told her how grateful I am to have found this tool and to have found a way to get my self (that girl I used to see in the mirror) back.
I sent a note to the same effect to Dr. Rumbaut and his team (he is my surgeon in Monterrey, Mexico) recently. I've been so happy with the job they did. I have only two incisions, the scars have healed very nicely (one is pretty hard to see, the other is faded but not invisible), and they placed my port in a great spot. You still can't see it, even though I'm at goal.
As for my aspirational goal of 145, I'm not sure I'm going to get there. My weight likes to hover around 153, even with all the workouts I am doing. But that's completely fine with me. I don't feel compelled to lose more, though I'd be psyched to get off another 5 pounds. We'll see how it goes . . :)

9 comments:
Girl you look GREAT! Don't fret over those five pounds. You're wearing a DVF dress. Seriously? That in and of itself is pretty effing awesome.
I've only lost 56 lbs but I feel like I've come so far and every time I'm in the office for my doctor, I just want to hug the people that I know are there for their consult. I want to tell them how amazing the band is and how much it will change their lives.
And, like you - I'm still VERY private about having my band. If I ever get to goal, I don't know if I'd do the media stuff, either. Hard call...
Have fun in Chicago! I'm still relatively new to the blog scene and am SO jealous of everyone going. Sounds like a lot of fun. :)
What a great post! So uplifting and motivating and inspiring and and and...
For what it's worth, I think you are perfect just the way you are. 5 pounds might be a bad thing, from the pictures I see...and in my head it's as simple as muscle weighs more so you are perfectly lean and thin.
Take lots of pictures in Chicago. I want to see all the great clothes. I'm rebuilding my wardrobe as well - it's fun but expensive!
Geez.. I got teary eyed just reading about how great you feel. You have earned every feeling of joy and happiness (why not.. you need to love yourself before you can love others right!!).
I am just starting to enter the geez its nice to buy something nice zone.. so I love to read about your exciting fashion joys..
Now you have peeked my interest as to what you will be wearing in CHI.
I still say we do a mini fashion show so we can all cheer our accomplishments!
You know Catherine, I almost went to Dr. Ren for my follow-up care because of you! I had such a hard time finding someone close to my home in FL that I almost said "whatever, I am in NY so much as it is (Long Island) I can easily do a side trip to NYC!" That was the only downside to having my surgery in Mexico. I loved my surgeon, thats for sure but boy, did I feel discriminated against my all the local docs!
I finally found my "local" doctor who is 120 miles from my home in Fl and it works out great! I love him too!
I love the picture you posted....very, very true!
Well done! You are really the poster child for showing that WLS is really about so much more than just losing weight! It gives us back our dreams and hopes and confidence and LIFE. You go, girl!
I haven't met Dr. Ren yet (I am being banded with Dr. Kurian on Thursday), but I do the same thing in that waiting room (except I'm still at the starting gate, and you're close to the finish line!)
Posts like this are so inspirational. I just know I am making the right choice.
Liz
You would look great in a potato sack and a feed bucket! Do you remember that episode of I Love Lucy?
I'm sure we will all build up our wardrobes in Chicago :)
Have fun in Chicago!!! I am so jealous, but I can't wait to hear all about it and see you looking gorgeous in the photos.
Post a Comment