Monday, September 27, 2010

Friday Night in Chicago!

When I got in on Friday night, the party was already underway on the sixth floor of the hotel. I was a little bit nervous as I walked over to the rooms! And, when I walked in to the first one, it was just insane -- totally overwhelming and massively sensory-overloading! Some of the first people I saw were Joey, Stephanie, Gilly, Kagead and Drazil.

The second room was packed to the gills with bandsters! It was so insane to walk in and immediately spot so many people who I knew from the blogs, including Sarah, Rani, Jackie, Lara, Gen, Tess, and many more! From there, we moved to a conference room on the 4th floor, and eventually out on the town. Some of us went dancing, and others went to a wine bar.

Here are some photos from the night! I'll post Saturday photos next time. :)

With Gilly!

And Sherri

Rani, Catherine and Stephanie
The Godmothas of Band Land
Sarah, Angie, Amy and me!


Barbara from PA

Post-party drinks at the Fairmont with Beth, Angie, Nicole, Jen and Catherine

18 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Oh my gosh! I am so freakin' jealous right now! You all look so fabulous!

Gilly said...

Catherine...I didn't get to spend nearly as much time talking to you as I wanted to! However, you are even MORE fabulous that I could have imagined...and I had imagined FABULOUSNESS!!! I'm SO happy to have finally met you in person! You are truly lovely inside and out!

Theresa said...

I'm crying again, just thinking about it! I'm so glad I got to meet you, you are even more beautiful in person and such an inspiration to so many of us. What an amazing experience!

Lap Band Gal said...

So great to meet you in Chicago! :)

Steph said...

You don't possibly know how amazingly wonderful, inspirational and just freakin' awesome it was to meet you! I'm so glad everyone had a fun time and I'm hoping we can all do this again next year. I can only imagine the weight lost then!!!

Janet said...

Catherine: It was lovely meeting you on Saturday night and having the opportunity to tell you how much your blog has meant to me these past months. I can always come here and find a comment or suggestion that fits what I'm dealing with at the same time. One thing I forgot to mention when we talked: I love your recipe for squash soup and make it often. Thanks for being your lovely self!

Nella said...

Very cool!

Sarah said...

So amazing to meet you and spend time with you!!! I am hoping to get some pix posted tonight... miss you already!

MB said...

I love all the cute clothes!!!

Gen said...

So great to meet you, it was too short! Loved your dresses!!!!!!!

Donut Diva said...

I so wanted to go, now so mad that I couldn't. Hopefully there will be a next year.
Do tell us more. what was in the goody bag, how was the 5k?
DD
www.bandedup.blogspot.com

Band-Babe said...

Thanks for crying with me... it was so emotional to meet you. You opened the door to make this all possible... I will always be grateful to you beyond words. xoxo

Jacquie said...

I so loved meeting you Catherine! Thank you!

Bonnie said...

I can't believe there is a picture of me on your blog. I feel like a superstar. I have to tell you, I was so nervous to meet you, but as soon as you smiled I felt at ease. And thanks again for thinking about me for the clothes you were sent. I will definitely pass them on to the Sisterhood when I've shrunk out of them.

Kristin said...

It was great to see you again and spend some time together in Chicago! Great pictures, and a fabulously memorable weekend.

Judi said...

Catherine...
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pix and your amazing insider scoop on the BOOBS event. I truly am saddened that I could not be there!! It would have been so great to meet you and all of the amazing BOOB women whose journies I follow! I truly feel so connected to everyone who has seen me through my own journey and I would have loved to meet you all and wrapped my arms around you in thankgiving!
Catherine...you are a beautiful inspiration to so many!!! I just love checking in on your life here on your blog!
Hopefully, I will be able to join BOOBS next time around!
Thanks for keeping us non-attendees in the loop!
Onward!
Judi

Canadian Bird said...

SO sad I missed this night! All the bonding was evident by the time we got there on Saturday... Better planning next year (on my part)!

Sherry said...

I wish I'd had more time with you Catherine. Your blog was my initial inspiration for the band and having the opportunity to see you in person was such a treat for me. I should have just shoved all your groupies aside and butted in but that's not usual my style ;-)

Your lovely personality just compliments how beautiful you are on the outside. I hope to have the chance to spend time with you again in the future. Thanks for sharing your journey.