Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Gilly-fied BYOC

In honor of the upcoming Chicago trip, I thought I'd answer the quiz that Gilly posted on the group's blog. . .

1. You're trapped on a desert island and can only bring three of your favorite foods along. What do you bring?

Eggs, cheese and oranges (b/c I don't want scurrrrvy!). I'm assuming I'll get all Robinson Crusoe and rig up something to let me catch fresh fish. :)


2. If you could meet any three people, living or dead, who would they be and why?
1. Madonna, because I think she's incredible.
2. My great-grandmother, Margaret, since my parents and aunts and uncles all loved her so much and I only knew her when I was a small child. I'd love to spend some time with her as an adult. She was supposed to be a LOT of fun and just a great person. I can only imagine the great conversations we would have and getting to hang out with her.
3. Jesus, because I think it would be really interesting to see what he was like in person.

3. What is your stripper name? (Take the name of your first pet and the name of the street you grew up on)

Charlie Palmer. . Hmmm. . . that is not sexy, but it does make me want to eat a steak!

4. What is your LEAST favorite part of your body since losing weight? Your MOST favorite since losing weight?

I love all the parts more now than before. . so I don't want to diss any of them by calling them my least favorite. That said, the parts I'm working to improve the most right now are my thighs. My favorite body part is my head! That hasn't changed at all. :) However, I have a new love for my previously-hated bootie. Oh, bootie, I never knew it could be like this for us! LOL

5. Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a house that is supposedly haunted?

No. OK, maybe. OK, it depends on how recently I've seen a scary movie. . . :) Let's just say that I don't NOT believe in them enough that I would get anywhere near that haunted house after nightfall!! I've seen enough scary movies to know that's always a mistake!

6. What is your natural hair color? If you dye it something completely different from what your momma gave ya, how come?

It's dark blonde/light brown. Actually, my current color is pretty much my natural color. . if I wasn't about 1/3 gray at this point!

7. Boxers or briefs? Alternatively. . bikinis or granny panties?

Either for guys. Bikinis, low-rise hipsters and teeny boy shorts for me. I do not buy ugly undies as a rule, and there are no granny panties in my house! Favorite brands are B.Tempt'd (great line from Wacoal), Chantelle, Hanky Panky, Honeydew and On Gossamer.

8. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

That is a tough one!! It's a toss up between Overboard, Irreconcilable Differences, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and The Way We Were ("Hubbel!!").


9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Gossip Girl. Love that show! Plus, New York Magazine's Gossip Girl Reality Index is hilarious and a great guilty pleasure companion. (Seriously, if you watch the show and haven't read it, click that link -- it's hilarious.)
10. How many pounds gone forever are you celebrating?
Seventy-nine, but let's round that up!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Great answers, Charlie Palmer, not such a good stripper name, but mine is worse: Dilbert Twelfth! Can't wait to meet you this weekend.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Seriously - OMG - Overboard is to die for! I have watched that millions of times!!! See you soon!

Kerri said...

Forgot about Overboard...great movie!

Charlie Palmer...makes me think of hand jobs! Sorry!

Bonnie said...

I used to love Casper when I was little.

Marie said...

Great answers! LOL Kerri's comment! bad girl!