Thursday, June 18, 2009

Date Update. . .

Most surprisingly, my blind date last night was the first non-horrible date I've had since I broke up with my old boyfriend! It was just a short meeting before I headed off to dinner with Erica and J, the girl who set up the blind date. But, it was a lot of fun, the guy was attractive, nice and interesting, and I felt like we both had a good time!

In other news, Erica told me that my ex (of the Peter Pan Avoidance Tour) has RSVPd for the wedding and it looks like he won't be bringing a date. So, apparently, I've been torturing myself thinking about this for months for no reason. That really is a load off of my mind, and now I'm actually looking forward to the wedding 100%. Before it was more like 60% dread, 40% excitement for my friends. This is a much better balance!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you had a great time last night - and enjoy the wedding - and enjoy looking FABULOUS and ignoring the Ex!!! ;-)

Bandster said...

OOoooh! Without a date, might you and he get back together? Or is that a total no no?

Love
Henrietta

Catherine55 said...

It's not a no-no by any means, but it wouldn't make sense for us to get back together if his position on marriage and kids hasn't changed. It's a bummer -- if it were 100% up to me, we'd be married, not broken up!

THE DASH! said...

You always have such a lot going on lol Have fun at the wedding and when you see your ex... sashay past like you are the sexiest girl on the planet and make him drool - AFTER you pretend you never saw him lol. Excellent on the date front too, I was hoping you would write that he was nice... thats really excellent.

Anonymous said...

Yay! for a non-horrible blind date and also for a dateless ex! Him not having a date there means a more comfortable evening for you and a less comfortable one for him....seeing you in all your new hotness without a date to distract him. ;-)