Friday, June 26, 2009

Point One

The scale FINALLY budged this morning! A big, whopping .1! I know it's not exactly anything to write home (blog?) about, but I'm at least happy that it moved in the right direction.

It took 17 days for me to get that off! 17 days of crazy killer exercise, I might add. In the last week, I ran on Sunday (20 minutes of constant running, 10 min. bike, plus abs) and went to Boot Camp three times. That is a lot for me.

I completely get it that the plateau is due to me building muscle. And, I do see that my body is looking better every day. The plateau isn't going to deter me from signing up for another session of Boot Camp, either. It's totally addictive (in an awesome way) and I really like it.

Also, before I got home last night and heard the news about this RSVP situation, I was in the best mood. The very cute guy from Boot Camp and I chatted a bit more before class, and that was a nice bonus. :) No clue if he is interested, or even single, but it's nice anyway!

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

That can be totally disheartening when we slog our guts out and the damn scales wont move.. I remember the days well. Hopefully the .1 is a sign of things to come!
Peter Pan sucks by the way. You don't need him!! If he can't even answer an invite properly he must be hopeless lol.

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you are doing and really enjoying this boot camp. (I wish the same would happen to me!) You *know* that all this hard work has to be doing good things for your body, even if the scale doesn't accurately reflect it.

Lauren said...

Hey, I found your blog through another I follow. It's always great to read about others who are going through this band thing too. Don't worry about the plateau, it looks like you're doing great over all.