Tuesday, July 14, 2009

FIFTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I am so happy right now!!!! I literally have tears in my eyes because I am so thrilled to FINALLY have made it to 50 lbs down!! This is so major and so great, and even though I knew how amazing it would feel to see that number on the scale, it's even better than expected. :)

As of this morning, I am 50.6 lbs down. I have gone from a very unhealthy 37.2 BMI down to a 28.95 (still overweight, but not in the scary range)! And, I've lost a grand total (as of this morning) of 24.05 inches. Thank you, band!!

I have about 25 more pounds to go to my goal. This means I'm only 25 lbs heavier than I want to be!! As opposed to 75 lbs more, which is where I was last October.

I feel very lucky to have had so much support from family and friends (including everyone who follows this blog) and am excited to keep up the work I need to do to get to goal!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FIFTY!!! :) :)

16 comments:

Linda O said...

Congratulations to you!!! Job well done!

Amy W. said...

I was trying to think of a great song that had the number 50 in it so I could sing it to you when you got to this point. All I could think of was : 50 nifty, united states from 13 original colonie...or 50 bottles of beer on the 50 bottles of beer....

But congrats! You deserve it!

The Loser said...

Yeah! We knew you could do it! Way to go girl! Won't be long till you are looking back on the whole 75lbs.

Catherine55 said...

What about 50 Ways to Leave Your Blubber?! :)

Just get the band, Stan
Go to the gym, Tim
Steer clear of bread, Ted
And get yourself a fill (Phil) :)

Hee hee

Angie Cummings said...

WOOOOOO! Ya did it ya did it ya did it! That is SO exciting, especially considering how long it eluded you. And twenty-five lbs from where you want to be... I can't even IMAGINE that feeling! I'm a pound away from fifty though, so I'll be next on the celebration train!

Anonymous said...

well done, keep it up, been following your blog.

I'm off on a 1000 mile cycle in two weeks

best wishes

Chris Oliver

Louie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm in Maryland visiting my kids and grandkids. I was .2 from breaking 200 when I left. Considering I had frozen custard last night, I doubt I'll be in the same spot when I get home. But it will be back to bootcamp for me. You're doing great. I loved the 50 ways to leave your blubber. I think I'll remember that next time we drive by a frozen custard joint.

No more cheats. Pete
Stay with the protein. Aileen
Just run in the sun Hon
And set yourself free

Sarah said...

Wow Catherine... YAY YOU! That is so awesome... even though you were so close yesterday, I KNOW that today feels that much better to see those darn numbers! Enjoy every ounce of them!

Mary said...

Thats awesome Cathrine!!! Congratulations!

Natalia said...

Way to go Catherine! That is amazing. Doesn't 25lbs seem like such a short way to go to the finish line? Keep it up!

headin_to_mxico said...

I'm so happy for you! You have done such an amazing job and really used your band as a tool and held yourself accountable with your diet and exercises. I am leaving today for surgery in Mexico with Dr Rumbaut. You have been an inspiration. Thanks!

Carmen said...

Catherine,

You are truly an inspiration to me and I follow your blog every day. Louie, my sister and I discuss your progress as compared to our own, and you rock lady! Congratulations and may the next 25pounds leave you with no "mounds"!
Carmen

Sarah said...

woo hoo! you are amazing! and only 25lbs away from goal!

THE DASH! said...

I thought I would send you this ditty cos I'm inspired by what you've now achieved :)

We follow a blog
of N.Y Catherine
who loves printing and dining
and all things in fashion

She toiled and she worked
hard to get her self thin
and finally reached
Fifty pounds in!

The banding community
clapped really loud
We don't know her in person
But she's done us all proud.

Congrats x

Catherine55 said...

Cara, I may not "know" you, but I adore you!! That was just great!! :) :)

xoxoxo,

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Here's my two cents...YEEEHAAWWW, that's Texan for WAY TO GO! So happy for you and your accomplishments. And we sure do have some clever bloggers, I got tears reading all the ditty's and notes. Well deserved, well done Catherine!