Well, over the course of the conversation, I poured myself another glass of wine, and suddenly got an idea! Hey -- let's send her The Pointer Sisters' Greatest Hits . . . in honor of her pointer finger, of course! So, my mother and I ordered the CD shown below, and sent it to her with a card that says. .

Dear J,
We are very sorry to hear about your pointer, sister. We hope that this little gift will cheer you up during this difficult time.
With love and affection,
K and Catherine
My mother and I practically killed ourselves laughing at this silliness and thinking about how much J will crack up when she receives the gift tomorrow. Happily, she has just the sense of humor that she will find this really funny, too!! (Er . . at least, in the light of day, I am now hoping so!!) :)

9 comments:
That is very creative!
hahaha...that is very clever!
I do my best thinking after drinking too! I'm loving your cleverness and I probably would have done the same thing. I can't wait to hear about her reaction!
LOL Bad girls ... actually this is very clever. Let us know what she says (unless her sense of humor went with her finger.. in that case just do lots of beeps to cut the swearing)
So cute! I know it would bring a smile to MY face in that situation. She'll definitely laugh about it later if not quite at first.
Love it, Catherine! Soo funny and sure to bring a smile to her face:))
You are a riot girl! Id laugh even in my fingerless state if I were here. Did she think it was hallarious?
I must let everyone know My friend loved the note and CD. Was very impressed by your creativity...as am I.
MOM
J was thrilled...could not believe a parcel came...she thought it was from the Workers comp people...asked her husband to open it..hard to open a packet with pointer finger out of commission...
said "We laughed so hard tears rolled to our toes!"
Post a Comment