As I did at 40 lbs, I thought it would be good for me to think about what 50 lbs really means, and try to conceptualize how much weight that is. I still have to go to the gym to pick up 50 lbs of barbells and walk around with them, but I'll do that soon.
With respect to my body, 50 lbs translates into just over 24 inches lost. . and six sizes! If we measured it out in sugar, this is what it would look like:

Measured in kayaks, it would be this blue one right here! (Can you imagine. . . before last October, I was basically carrying that kayak on my back (and hips. . and thighs. . . .) every day!!)

I can practically hear your question. . "But Catherine, what I really want to know is, how much weight is that in Sled Dogs??" Why funny that you should ask! I was effectively carrying Rover here around all day, every day. . .

And, for consistency's sake, we should really think about what 50 lbs means to a fish! This guy's arm looks like it's about to give out.


5 comments:
i follow you faithfully but missed the big -50 day. so it is -50 day all over again congrats on the big achievement! you must feel wonderful, as you should. you are now healthier, happier and more beautiful.
Funny enough, I have been so thrilled about hitting 50 that I posted 3 times today! So, you didn't miss the day at all! :) Thanks for your nice note!!
Gosh Catherine - it is so interesting to see the amount of weight in pictures. I think when I hit 20 or 25, I read somewhere that it was a car-tire. Amazing stuff that we carried all that extra weight around. Can't wait to lose that fish off my thighs! ;-)
LOL that is too funny! I Love the Visuals...I picked up my daughter the other day and mind you she weighs like 48lbs and was like you are getting so heavy!! and realized that I not to long ago was carrying her + 16more lbs around. it makes you think how far weve all come!! Congrats again! Your doing great!
Sled dogs, really? HaHa, made me crack up. You work it girl in your new size 14 jeans! Congrats!!
Post a Comment