
Yesterday, I had a really great day. I met a friend of mine at The High Line at around 11. The High Line is a new park that was created on the raised area where freight trains used to run in Manhattan (to keep them off the streets because they were dangerous). (See http://www.thehighline.org/ for more info.)
The park is just beautiful. It's a great mix of nature and urban beauty! Here are a few more photos.

After visiting The High Line, I had brunch with three friends, then spent the rest of the day with two of the three getting some sun on the terrace of my apartment building. When we came down, I had a message from a friend from high school who I really like, and we wound up meeting up with her for dinner. What a great day!This area was really cool -- there are glass windows looking out on to the street, and the way it is staged makes you feel as though you are watching a movie of cars going by!
Watching the cars go by. . . 

4 comments:
beautiful shots, Catharine! I definitely will want to walk there on my next trip to NYC.
Cool Shots!
I'm originally from NY (Brooklyn and Suffolk county- a bridge and tunnel girl!) and moved to BC Canada about 10 years ago, so it's always neat to keep up on what's happening there :-)
On another note- wow, you have been doing an amazing job! I usually just read but I thought it was high time I gave you a virtual high five and told you how inspiring you've been!
Cheers.
http://lapbandlabyrinth.blogspot.com/
It's really a gorgeous spot and makes for a nice walk (and then you wind up in the Meatpacking, so there are lots of nice shops to visit)!
Thanks for posting, Brooke! I look forward to checking out your blog, too!
Catherine
It's no secret I love your blog. One of the many things I really enjoy is learning about N.Y and the fact the stuff you do are often in movies lol (like sunning yourself on top of the apartment and the new garden ... ) Very cool!
Post a Comment