Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hip!

I took last week off of Boot Camp because I had hurt my hip running the Sunday before last. During the week, I went to my doctor at the Hospital for Special Surgery (fantastic hospital here -- and this guy is always rated one of NY's Best). They X-rayed my hip, he did a few tests, and all is totally fine. He thinks it's just a muscle strain and cleared me to go back to Boot Camp this week.

So, last night was my first time back. Let me tell you -- I struggle in that class if I even miss one session -- but after a week off, I was seriously about to pass out by the time we got to the last 1/4 of the class! Today, I'm a bit sore -- nothing too bad -- and I'm going back again tonight.

This photo is of the place where I do Boot Camp -- there is a track around the outside of the room, and the obstacle course is in the middle.


I got really nervous before last night. I guess I was worried that taking a week off might cause me to slip into my old (non-gym-going) bad habits. But, going back last night and tonight will have me back on track. I felt so much better for just getting through last night.

5 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

Congrats on going back Catherine!! That's never an easy thing to do. That boot camp looks amazing, but intimidating!! Kudos to you for making it through. Glad your hip is feeling better!

Jen

Amy W. said...

Thanks for the pic! And I am glad that your hip is okay :) Also, I understand what you mean about that fear sneaking into your mind about slipping back into old habits but you squashed that! Glad you are back to it and feeling good!

Unknown said...

I have to give you credit for even attempting a boot camp. You would never see me enduring that, no matter how fit I would feel. My reward for losing this weight will just have to be more pampering, lol.
I'm glad your hip issue turned out to be more of a bother than a problem.

Sarah said...

Catherine - good for you for staying on the wagon (or in boot camp)... Rock on! And glad that your hip is okay.

THE DASH! said...

That course looks meeeeaan!! lol Well done on 'getting back on the horse' and fronting back up to boot camp. You did great because you're right.. sometimes it's way to hard to fight those demons all over again (knowing that it would be hard after being away for a week)but you did it. How good are you!!