Just a quick post today! My mom is in town for the weekend, and we're going to do a bit of shopping. In the past week or so, it seems that most of my work clothes are just WAAAAY too big. So, I need a few pieces to get me through the next 20 lbs.
Most of my suits are from St. John (read: knit suits, very expensive, but very forgiving when you gain/lose weight because the knit shapes to your body). So, I'm planning to have them tailored down. In fact, I already had one tailored a bit, but with it being knit. . it's not exactly what I want to wear on a sweltering subway platform on my way to work.
I also don't want to pay a kazillion dollars to have the suits brought down to a 14, only to have to do the same thing again in a few months. So, I'm trying to hold off until we're AT LEAST in the cooler weather of the fall.
Fingers crossed for our excursion today! Hopefully we'll find some good things. Am going to try not to go crazy because I'm heading to Palm Springs over Labor Day and plan to invade the St. John's outlet while I'm there (and Jimmy Choo. . and Gucci. . .and, and. . . OMG, I can't believe the outlets they have there!!)!
Most of my suits are from St. John (read: knit suits, very expensive, but very forgiving when you gain/lose weight because the knit shapes to your body). So, I'm planning to have them tailored down. In fact, I already had one tailored a bit, but with it being knit. . it's not exactly what I want to wear on a sweltering subway platform on my way to work.
I also don't want to pay a kazillion dollars to have the suits brought down to a 14, only to have to do the same thing again in a few months. So, I'm trying to hold off until we're AT LEAST in the cooler weather of the fall.
Fingers crossed for our excursion today! Hopefully we'll find some good things. Am going to try not to go crazy because I'm heading to Palm Springs over Labor Day and plan to invade the St. John's outlet while I'm there (and Jimmy Choo. . and Gucci. . .and, and. . . OMG, I can't believe the outlets they have there!!)!

2 comments:
Oh man.. those designer names are only ones I dream about. Have heaps of fun with your mum!! She sounds just lovely x
Thanks, Cara! We had such a nice time! Both of us found some nice things!
I have to give my mother props for her amazing shopping endurance. Not only did she help me find & try on things all day, but toward the end of the day. . when I was totally pooped. . she found a gorgeous suit for herself. It was on a sales rack . . and with the discounts and an extra 20% off coupon we had, she got both pieces for under $50! Total bargain!!
Post a Comment