Friday, August 28, 2009

The Sisterhood Strikes Again!

I was so happy yesterday because I was catching up on Mary's blog and saw that she posted photos of herself in a dress that I sent her! This is such a cute dress, and I never actually wore it, so I am especially thrilled that it looks so great on her and is something that she likes!

Mary's New Dress

This makes me so happy! Thanks for sharing, Mary!

I'm also going to include a link to Angie's blog and the post she put up several months ago when she received the first bandster care package that I ever sent. I love this post. :) I hope this motivates everyone to share their old clothes with other bandsters!

Update. . Angie just sent me this great photo of her wearing the dress! I thought it was so cute that I had to include it in this post.

In clothing-related news, I was thinking about what to pack for my trip to Palm Springs (CA) next weekend and realized that many of my summer dresses are too big! So, I took two of them to the tailor for quick alterations so that I can wear them on the trip. That should hold me over just fine.

*October 2009 Update*

I wanted to include some more links to others wearing clothing that I sent to them, so here goes. . . Here is. .

Mary in a pair of black pants from me!

Sarah sporting denim Gap capri pants, which she got via Amy, who got them from Angie, who got them from me! These may be the best-traveled pants of the bunch, so far!

Sarah getting ready to work out in some Adidas workout clothes that I sent to her

Jen looking fab in some jeans and a sweater from me, after our fun day together of shopping in my closet!

And -- one of my very favorites because this piece of clothing finally got to have a shining moment in a major accomplishment of physical fitness!! Here is Sarah, looking amazing doing her first ever 5K (!!) in an Adidas top that I sent to her.

I love it that so many of you are sharing your clothes with other bandsters, and that a few things I've sent out have made it to two or three people already. This really is such an incredible network of support and positivity, and the traveling clothes is just another aspect of that!

5 comments:

Angie Cummings said...

wow - i forgot about that pic- you're the best Catharine for starting this! I love our traveling clothes :)

Gen said...

Soon to be bandster here (next Tuesday!), and I can't wait to join the Sisterhood!

Girls, please send some bandster be strong vibes, tomorrow I start my all clear liquid pre-op diet for 3 days (no protein shakes, nada!)

Catherine I love your blog, I think I must have said that already. I am a drop-out lawyer and I love to see you live the life I left behind! Plus your weight loss is amazing and so inspiring! Thank you!

Mary said...

I Love that you are so gracios!! and that you suprised both of us with a little something extra! Plus Angie and I both had a little p.s. quotes except mine was in your email I wrote you.

Mine was P.s I love your stationary! lol

I will deffinatly keep the sisterhood alive! I felt so awesome like christmas opening packages I get in the mail I would love for someone else to feel that too!!! :o)

Thanks again Cathrine!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

That is cool of you and seems so much fun to participate, send, and/or receive. I will have to send some of mine out soon. I love your sophisticated style, btw, adorable! Oh and your house and cooking pics looks like martha stewart cute stuff, so I would imagine you have cute stationary as well!

THE DASH! said...

Hey you,
Have the best time in Palm Springs... go soak up that lovely sunshine! xxxx