Tuesday, September 22, 2009

11 Month Bandiversary and . . .SIXTYYYYYYY!!!!!!

YES!!!! I hit 60 down this morning!!! In fact, I'm down 60.6!! This is a 10-pound range where I felt pretty good in my 20s and early 30s. This also means that I only have 14.4 pounds to go to get to my goal!!

You know. . . I wonder if those figures about most people only losing about 70% of their extra weight with the band aren't wrong -- or at least outdated. Based on what I see on other bandsters' blogs and on lapbandtalk.com, it looks like most of us get to goal.

Also, today is my 11 month bandiversary!! So, I'm especially happy to get to this landmark today. This past year has really flown by, and I feel like I've really spent much of it focused on improving myself. I am very happy with the results.

At the outset, I thought I might be at goal at the one-year mark, but I'll probably still have around 10-12 pounds to go by then. If you would have told me a year ago that I'd only be 15 pounds overweight today, it would have been hard for me to really comprehend that. But. . lo & behold. . . that is the case!!

So, how has my life changed in the last 11 months?
Some of these things you already know from prior posts, but it's good for me to remind myself of them anyway, so I'll list them here.

1. I am down SIXTY pounds!

2. I feel good about my appearance.

3. I don't berate myself every single day about my weight -- in fact, I don't do that at all anymore.
4. I put more effort into planning what I am going to eat.

5. I no longer have compartmental syndrome, and am able to run!

6. I did a 5K race, running nearly 100% 0f the time!

7. I now look forward to seeing old friends and colleagues, instead of dreading it because of how much weight I'd gained.

8. I am really enjoying shopping again.

9. I am in the best physical shape of my life.

10. I feel very good about myself for working my band and making this work for me.

11. I don't overeat anymore.

12. I know how to eat so that I won't get stuck, so dining out is not a problem.

13. I am comfortable on airplanes, on the subway, etc.

14. My shoe size has gone down a 1/2 size (back to the size I wore about 2 years ago).

15. I have lost 36.1 inches -- and I counted both of my legs and arms here (though I didn't the first several times I posted inches lost). That includes a whopping EIGHT inches from my waist and 8.25 from my hips!

Lots of good news today, people!! I hope all of you are having a great day, too!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Alexis said...

You are so amazing! What an inspiration you are! Congrats!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

I am sooooo happy for you! Be blissful, you did this for you! You look great! We need recent body shots of your skinniness!!!

DB said...

WOOT! WOOT! I am so happy for you!

Lulu's Journey said...

So happy for you... What a feeling it must be. I am totally struggling. Oct 17th will be my one year badiversary and I still need to lose 40ish more lbs. I run 5 times a week and don't think that I eat all that bad. I haven't lost anything in 5 months and am starting to get discouraged! I had some saline taken out recently b/c I couldn't eat very much but now feel like I eat toooo much.. I'm just at a loss. Any pointers you could give? I've been reading your blog since day one and haven't really seen you plateau or get "stuck" on a weight for very long... It's so frustrating!!!! ( on a side note... I have lost 50 or so lbs!)

Amy W. said...

I was just thinking how you are getting close to your one year mark! Congrats on all your accomplishments. Can you believe you are so close to goal? I cant imagine what that must feel like!

Louie said...

Catherine you rock! That must mean that tomorrow is my 11 month bandiversary. We've come a long way. You have obviously learned well how to use this tool called lapband. I remember when I first got the band that I thought "my problem is solved." Little did I know how much work would be involved (like you, I LOVE boot camp). I love your list -- all true and, like your blog, spot on!

Mary said...

Cathrine You are amazing!!! I Love all of the happy and positive things on your list of things that have changed in the past 11 months. Im so happy for you and for all your acomplishments!! I cant believe you are so close to your goal I CANT WAIT! :o)

Sarah said...

Wow... Kudos to you for working with your band and letting it work for you. What an amazing journey you've been on! I love reading your list - there are so many things I can't wait to put on there! You are an inspiration and love checking in on your progress! Thanks for all the support on my end too.

Linda O said...

Many Congratulations! So happy for you and also so cool that you reached it on the 11 month bandaversary! Too cool. You are a great inspiration to all of us. (My first surgeon appointment is today!!)

jennyr1222 said...

Congratulations Catherine! Such a huge milestone! I'm so excited for you and so glad to be able to follow your progress! Can't imagine being so close to goal. Yeah you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That's amazing that you are soo close to your goal after 11months keep up all the great work!!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Congrats - that is simply awesome! So much hard work is paying off! You go!!!
On a purely selfish and personal note, if you get the chance will you share with me what you average daily meal plan is? I've read through your blog and have a pretty good general idea, but I'd like to know what you're eating now, if you have time to share it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so close to your goal, congratulations. I enjoy waiting and watching to see what form your next goal number will take!

Lynn said...

Catherine, you and Amy are such important inspirations to me.

Congratulations on your 60 pound loss, you are amazing!

Kathy said...

You Reached another goal!down 60 pounds! Would love to see the weight equivalent you usually give us..Fish, dog, sugar etc. any new ideas? Love the list! Sixty! YES! 60 pounds! Woopie! one yard in measurements! A big boost to your self image Too!

Last Option Atty said...

CONGRATS!!!! I love reading your blog it keeps me going! I'm down 45pounds in 7 months I wish it was faster but your blog reminds to keep pushing! Thanks!

Amanda said...

Congrats!! You've done so amazing! :D

Just a thought on your comment about the 70% of goal vs making goal.. I think you're absolutely right. It does seem like a lot of us do, in fact, make our goal. And I think that's more of a testament to the advantages of the support of a community around you than anything else. People who are actively involved in blogging, LBT, etc have a great, great support system with a lot of tips and great advice. I feel for those people who are not actively involved and struggling..