
OK, so I love the show Entourage! But, I did have a really good NSV at Boot Camp tonight. There are these three walls that we have to hurl ourselves over. One is about chest-height (not too hard). . the other is about my height (hard!) and the third is an arm's reach above my head.
-
If you go over the walls backwards, there is a metal bar across the back that you can step on and use to leverage yourself over -- that makes it a ton easier. But, if you go front-wards, you just have to hang on with your hands, walk your legs up, hurl a leg over and pull yourself up. Trust me . . it's not as easy as it sounds (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't sound easy!).
-
I've been fine on the first wall for a while now, and every time, I try to get over the second. Up to tonight, I've always needed help to get over (generally an instructor bracing my foot so that I can get over the wall). BUT, tonight, I got over the 2nd wall all by myself!!
-
Third wall, watch your back!! (Well, front. . but whatever!)

11 comments:
That's awesome. You inspire me so much! P.S...I love Entourage too! I laughed when I saw that picture!
Swear to God, you keep getting stronger and stronger.. and it's just brilliant.
That wall had better watch out.. there's a Catherine due to throw a leg over in the not too distant future!
I did OK on the third wall last night too -- but one of my fellow Boot Campers had to give me a boost (literally pushed my butt up there . . ). I think I'm getting closer!
That's wonderful! Congrats on this milestone!
I was watching a Food Detective show on the Food Network the other day, and they were trying to study the effects of caffenine/energy drinks. They went to a bootcamp in NY, designed by the marines, and they showed it and I am pretty darn sure it was your bootcamp! It looked like that one picture you showed us. And I saw the walls and mentioned to Tracey that I would never be able to pull myself over that tall one. Or maybe even the short one...so of course...you are a superstar!
Those walls and the (occasional) help needed to get over them is a good analogy of weight loss in general---
In any case, wow, I think I need to find Boot Camp or something like it. You're very inspiring!
That's gotta feel awesome!!! That's a fantastic victory - way to go!
You are awesome! Way to go! A note on the lighter side: my password was "litelog" I think it is muscle tone & Will (power) that gets you over the walls...You go!
Amy, you are a dynamo! I don't doubt that you could kick the butt of those walls if you gave it a shot! I wonder if that was my BC on the show you saw. Cool!
Catherine
YOu inspire me to think that I could enjoy boot camp! I know I would benefit but in my small (hick) town....no boot camp!
Ahhhh!!! I did it tonight!!! First time ever!! I made it over the biggest wall. . and I did it 3 times. Woo-HOO!!!
Catherine
Post a Comment