Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Palm Springs Eternal . . .

Really, I love Palm Springs! And, it's not just because Marjorie's parents catered to our every need . . . bringing us mimosas in the pool (see photo below) and making gorgeous, healthy meals multiple times a day!

No, I could see past that to also appreciating our day at La Quinta resort and spa. . and the great massage that I got there! And, also -- even deeper -- to the day we spent at God's gift to outlet malls. People, I am SERIOUS. That mall was CRAZY!

Trunk full of loot from the world's best outlet mall. M found an insanely flattering, gorgeous black satin dress at Dior for $280.
(It was an EMERGENCY.)


Two weeks ago, at the Elie Tahari store in Soho, I found a really amazing dress that I loved. BUT, it was too expensive for what it was. . . a leopard print dress in a transition size that I may not be able to wear for more than 3-4 months. However, it is clear that GOD really wanted me to have that dress (apparently, despite all of the other stuff going on in this world, HE still has time to get involved when there is a really good outfit at stake)! ;)

So, I get to the Elie Tahari outlet in Palm Springs, and MY DRESS IS THERE!! And, despite that it's still being sold at full price at Saks (dress is knee length -- not sure why it looks so short in the photo), it was being sold at a significant discount! And, on top of all of that, due to a special Labor Day weekend promotion, I was able to buy it at a discount of more than 40% off the normal price!! Hello, pretty!!! It was meant to be!!! I'll post a photo of me in it soon.

My outlet purchases. . . a transition suit from Banana Republic, a cute vest sweater also from BR -- size MEDIUM, a multi-strand necklace from Saks, and my gorgeous Mandy dress from Elie Tahari that I can not wait to wear!

What a great weekend. . . sun, spa, shopping and lounging at the pool. Just what I needed!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow... that dress is CUTE! Can't wait to see pictures of you in it, and the other treats you got!!! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Angie Cummings said...

LOVE THE TAHARI DRESS.
wow, so gorgeous! Sounds like my dream weekend, lounging, spa-ing and shopping!

Catherine55 said...

The two best parts of that shopping day were that (1) there were things in all of the stores that actually fit me (whereas last year, nothing would have, and I would have been bored out of my mind; and (2) I realized while we were walking around that my thighs no longer rub together when I walk! MAJOR NSVS!!!!

Catherine

Louie said...

We have a condo in Palm Desert. I've been to that mall many times and have NEVER been successful. The last time I went with a friend I could only buy a purse, because I couldn't find anything in my size. Boredom doesn't describe it. Maybe I will have to try again this fall/winter now that I've lost 43 lbs. Hmmm! Your purchases look great.

Kathy said...

How wonderful! I am thrilled that you had such a blast...Wish I were shopping with the two of you!
I hope when you wear the clothes you remember the fabulous weekend.
Lucky girls...Oh, forgot to let you know of my spa envy. Fantastic! you go girl!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun and got great outfits! Can't wait to see you in the new outfits! Your so teeny-small!

THE DASH! said...

Whoa! Who's a lucky girl.. the weekend sounds exactly what every girl should have in their lives every now and again - shopping, spaaing (is that word? lol) and just a plain out great time.
Can't wait to see a picture of you with those clothes on - they are beautiful.
PS Fanastic NSV too!

Roo said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and shopping loot,WOW love the Tahari dress and also the sweater vest....At the moment I hate shopping days with the girls and try to avoid it...because I don't fit into anything in the stores they shop at....I am looking forward to doing some massive shopping days in the future!

Gen said...

That dress looks awesome! But my question is, where did you get that little black sweater you are wearing with your blue tank? I need one of those. Your trip sounds perfect. Somewhere in the depths of my memory I think there is some remembrance of a weekend like that...sigh.

Catherine55 said...

Gen -- the little black sweater is from The Gap -- I just looked online and didn't see it on their site, but you might be able to find it in the store.

Louie and Roo -- I totally hear you on the shopping stuff. I used to spend part of most weekends walking around Soho with friends . . going into all of these great shops where nothing fit me. It was so boring (and depressing) to wait while they tried on cute clothes. The sizes in Soho are still small (not a lot of 12s and 14s. .) but at least now there are a few things for me!

Catherine