Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yoga-tta Be Kidding Me!

I went to my yoga class on Saturday. This is the class I used to go to (relatively) faithfully pre-band, and I thought it was a decently difficult class. On Saturday, I went and I didn't even break a sweat. In fact, I was thinking . . . wow, this is such a BS workout after Boot Camp -- and I wanted to go running afterwards, but didn't have enough time because of my brunch plans.

Wellll. . . . cut to Sunday morning. Apparently, my workout was a LOT better than I thought! I was SO SORE!!! Guess that's what I get for understimating the power of yoga! I'm going to try to get to that class more often -- based on how sore I was, I must really need that kind of stretching with all of the Boot Camp I'm doing!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

One of my friends is (was?) a master pilates instructor... I never could understand how something that LOOKED so easy worked you so hard!!!

Amy W. said...

hahahahah, you have become a cardio snob! You bust your ass so hard in your other classes that yoga just seems like stretching...which it is...but I think it is a great compliment to all of the other cardio and muscle workouts you have been doing! I felt the after effects of those 30 minutes I spent on that pilates machine for 8 days! 8 days!!!!

Brooke said...

It's weird how intense yoga and pilates can be even tho you don't break a sweat.

I can't get myself to a regular yoga practice, so good on you if you're able to add it- you'll be super fit :-)

THE DASH! said...

lolol I remember the yoga days too! I did it for a few years - got good at it too.. stretching cat and down dog.. ahh those were the days.. alas I must shift thy butt and get back there just like you. Been yonks since I've done anything like it. Hope the muscles unwind soon for you xx

Gen said...

Have you tried Pilates? I have never been so sore in my life. Pilates is great because you can really get better pretty quickly. Have not been to a class in 4 years....One of my goals is to go back!

Cool that you got a good workout without even knowing it! ;)

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

yoga is a very good thing!

momma2fi said...

Hope it was a feels-so-good soreness! I think I'm gonna give yoga a try.