Thursday, May 21, 2009

Data on my Rate-a (of loss with the band. .)

I took time today to figure out my average rate of loss per week and thought you guys might be interested to know what it is. . . . turns out that since just prior to surgery, I've lost an average of 1.43 lbs per week.




I'm definitely not the fastest-losing bandster out there, and I've seen plenty of people blow right by me. That said, slow and steady is working for me. Yes, I get frustrated when it takes a long time to get to a particular number on the scale, but I never doubt that I'll get there eventually.


I was actually surprised to find out the rate -- I had thought I was only losing about 1 pound each week! If anyone wants to comment on how they are doing on average, I'd be interested to know how it is going for you. No matter what the rate, it sure seems like we're all doing fantastically!

Also, I wanted to mention that I haven't had a fill since March 13th. That 2.85 ccs in my 5 cc band seem to have gotten me to a sweet spot. For me, the sweet spot means that I can't very much, but I usually can eat enough not to draw a huge amount of attention to myself when I go out to dinner with people who don't know I am banded. So I think anyway. . it never fails that the waiter asks if there was something wrong with my meal. . .

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Catherine - your data intrigued me... I love data. So I went back and looked at my data, and if I take only the weight I've lost SINCE the surgery, I'm averaging 1.2 pounds a week. Not bad! 18 pounds in 15 weeks. I'll take it! I agree - I feel like other people are blowing by me, but slow and steady seems to be winning the race for me! Happy long weekend.

Catherine55 said...

That's great! I bet your average goes up once you have a higher restricted weeks vs. banster hell ratio, too!

Enjoy the weekend!

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Catherine, like Sarah I was curious to see, and I havo lost 2.33 pounds a weeks, not bad will will think, but the first month after surgery if i lost a whole five pounds it was plenty, I am really bad at working out, but I'm OCD with what I put on my mouth since surgery.I agree slow is more permanent.

loosing in 2009 said...

Catherine..I too was interested in my average because I too feel like everyone is speeding past me. If I count just from surgery forward, it's only 1.12, but if I include before my pre op diet, which is a big chuck of my weigt loss, it's 1.60. At least it's a pound a week, which is what is expected. I think it's those weeks when the scale doesn't move that throws us all off. Great job on your weight loss. You look great!!

Tiffani said...

I've been sitting at this same weight for what seems like weeks now but I guess if you divide 20 by the 6 weeks I've been on this new lifestyle that's 3.33333.... that looks pretty appealing! I should have done that a long time ago! :) I know it won't keep up because I have the liquid pre-op mixed in there too but it's nice to see for now!