Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wrapping my brain around it. . .

I've been thinking about what losing 40 pounds really means. So, tonight, when I was at the gym, I picked up a 40 lb dumbell and carried it for a few seconds. It was pretty darned heavy. It's so strange to think that I was walking around carrying that much more weight every single day. I wonder what it will be like after I am 60 down to pick up that much weight and think about what that really means for my body. I will say that it makes total sense that my feet don't hurt anymore. . .

Just for fun, I ran a few searches on Google for things that are 40 lbs. Apparently, I lost the equivalent of this fish in body weight! Weird!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

It's bizarre to see other things that represent your weight, isn't it??? I think 20 pounds was a tire. That is a lot of weight! Congrats again!

Amy W. said...

hahah...I thought you were posting a picture of your new boyfriend. It is strange to think of your weight loss in that way. I feel better and things hurt less and its just hard to believe we managed to just BE with that extra weight.

Beth said...

Dog food. Those large bags of dog food. They are 40 pounds too. They look HUGE, no? :)

loulou09 said...

Congratulations!!
I love picking up a sack of potatoes or onions to see how much better I will feel. I think I have lost one of them - have to check on the weight of them. I'm loving the band!

Brooke said...

40 lbs is amazing- and it's so weird to think of how much work we must have to do to carry around 40 extra lbs- let alone more ;-)

suede said...

congrats on the 40 lbs. great pic of the 40 lbs fish! :-)