Did I mention that I will be seeing my ex-boyfriend (of the Peter Pan Avoidance Tour) at this wedding? Yes, I probably did. What I haven't blogged about is that I found out he basically started dating the very next girl he even spoke to after we broke up (some random he met on his trip to Kilimanjaro last September (!!!)). By all accounts, it's nothing serious, but it really sticks in my craw (a) that he moved on to another relationship -- regardless of the grade -- so quickly; and (b) that I am probably going to have to see him with this girl at our friends' wedding. Honestly, I've been thinking about it way too much, and the whole prospect is very upsetting to me.
So, obviously, I need to look amazing at this wedding. As in "Oh-My-God-Look-At-Her" Amazing. Also, as in "Oh-My-God, How-Did-I-Lose-That-Amazing-Woman?!?! I-Am-An-Idiot!" Amazing.
You're beginning to understand the importance of today's shopping extravaganza, aren't you? :) So, during the week, I called up the shopper I use at Saks (I know. . I'm fancy like that . .) and another one at Lord & Taylor (amazing dress department). Leaving aside that the L&T shopper was a freaking nightmare (seriously. . showed up late, looked like sh*t, had only pulled 3 dresses, was MIA for basically the whole appointment -- and on personal calls on her cell when she actually was around. Hello. . isn't retail in crisis?), we had a great time.
Turns out that I actually love Badgley Mischka more than I even thought. There were two standout dresses today, and both were from that designer. The first one (at L&T) was this emerald silk wonder that made me feel fantastic. Truth be told, it was way too formal for this wedding, but I loved it anyway.
The second one is the one in the photo. Admittedly, this is a size too small (wedding is in late July & it will need to fit then), so the hip part is bunched up and the cleavage is a bit more than it will be then. But, I really like it. The color and the cut are just what I wanted.
Also, today was a big NSV for me. For the past many years, every time I've gone shopping, all I did was focus on the flaws in my figure -- how dismayed I was about not being thinner, how disgusted and embarrassed I was with/about myself for having gained weight, etc. But today, I just felt great. I know this dress does not fit perfectly yet -- and it's still obvious that I have a way to go to get to goal, but I just felt so good about where I am at this particular moment in time, and where I am headed in the next several months. I attribute a lot of this to my band and to how far I've come with that extra help.

13 comments:
Catherine, you just look ethereal in that gorgeous dress, really you do. You are smiling and how you are feeling is coming through. With the whole makeup/hair and dress package you are going to knock him dead!! And he will rue what he lost.. silly man!
I hope you have the best time at the wedding. I'm sure you will. Keep up the great blogging. Its great to read.
Cara x
Oooooh - that dress looks amazing on you!!! Yes you'll have him crying in his beer and then hopefully, you will move on - right past him to the Prince Charming waiting to dance with you at the wedding!!!
Keep us posted on Boot Camp - that is if you can lift your arms to type!!! hee hee - I know a few women who do it here in town - they love it. I'm afraid I would be lying on the ground in a sobbing heap so I'm proud of you for giving it a try.
Looking forward to the day (soon) that we can both post the big 50!! Keep up the great work!!
Hugs, Cindy
Wow Catherine... I can't tell that it doesn't fit! You look gorgeous! What a beautiful dress, but mainly because of how beautiful you look in it! You are going to knock his socks off... and honestly, who cares if you don't??? His complete loss! Can't wait to hear how the first week of boot camp goes!
Holy cow. You look stunning. Seriously. Gorgeous color on you.
Small Question: Does "Prince not so Charming" know about the surgery? Will he be expecting you to look different? I just love surprises like this! He'll be blown away.
Keep us posted on boot camp...
Thank you guys!! I am so glad that you like the dress! :)
CMV -- yes -- he does know about the surgery. I told him about it a while ago. But. . I'll be about 20-30 pounds lighter this time than last time he saw me. Snap! :)
Beautiful dress on a beautiful woman!
the dress and that color is stunning. definitely a thumbs up. and to think it will look even better by july!!!
love it!!
Do you know what is so cool about this post besides the full length picture? I can just tell how happy you are from the way you wrote today. I can sense the joy and excitement in your writing...and it made me excited for you! You look fabulous! I just hope that dress wont be too big for you by then...bc boot camp is going to help a lot!
Great Dress. Did you end up getting it at Saks? (I work in the Michigan Store) Hope so! You will look perfect in the dress, especially after boot camp. Have your hair and makeup done that day too. It will be like a coming out party! But do it for yourself, and not the EX. He doesn't deserve the time of day. Don't waste another thought on him.
Yes, Linda! No big surprise, but my shopper at Saks was infinitely better than the person at L&T! :)
Catherine, what a stunning dress and you are glowing. You gonna have to post a picture with the whole packet. (make up and hair). You look glamorous and sofisticated. Have fun.
Catherine that is gorgeous!! Even without the revenge factor it's perfect(did I say revenge? I meant welcoming an old friend...):)
Post a Comment