Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Sisterhood of the Traveling XL Dress :)

I was so thrilled by how great Angie looked in the dress that I sent her, that I decided to send some other clothes to another bandster on Friday. This package went to Linda, whose surgery date is June 5th and who will be needing the sizes I sent to her very shortly!

I sent her this great wrap dress from Eileen Fisher, some capris and a pair of jeans as well. Fingers crossed that she likes them and that they fit well!

Not the best photo of the dress -- it's much better on! Also, it's polished enough for work, but as comfortable as wearing your bathrobe!

I like the idea that these clothes may change a few bandster hands over the next year or so, as we all continue to lose weight and keep changing sizes.

As for my own clothing needs, I've been doing quite a bit of shopping in my own closet! On Friday, I was able to wear (drumroll, please!) a pair of gray Banana Republic pants that I'd forgotten I had. And, they fit wonderfully! I haven't been able to shop at Banana for years, and it used to be one of my favorite stores.

Today, I had brunch with my friend Nadia, then we walked around Soho (our usual post-brunch routine) and did some shopping. For the first time in years, I actually tried on a few things and was excited about going into different stores. I even went into Bloomingdales and tried on a few long gowns for my friends' wedding in July. AND, they fit and looked good (not good enough to buy, but good enough that I wasn't hating what I saw)!

I consider this to be a big NSV for me, and a significant moment in my WL journey. Honestly, hitting the 40+ lb mark has made a huge difference, and I feel like it was a very significant landmark in this process.

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Hi,

Amazing work hitting the 40 pound mark loss.. sounds like you are having a heap of fun now.. Oh the possibilities. Also, wish I was lucky enough to have someone close enough to receive clothes cos i have zero lol Its a great system you have going.
Cara

Sarah said...

What a great idea to swap clothes with fellow bandsters... And good for you for trying on clothes! I can't wait to truly grow out of my closet - but I love that I keep finding things that fit better and better.

Anonymous said...

I had the idea of passing my clothes to someone i know , but that backfired at me, that person got ofended, so i gave tons on good clothes to GOODWILL.