Self-portrait with the bride and MOH (her sister) at the house before the ceremony. This took about 7 takes because they are both at least 4 inches taller than me!
The wedding was really beautiful, and the weather could not have been better. I got up in the morning, played an hour of tennis (loved it!) with a friend, then showered and sat pool-side for two or so hours with Becca (the MOH -- maid of honor) before we went over to Erica's house to get ready with her for the wedding. Because PP didn't show up at rehearsal dinner after party, the first time I saw him was when I was driving up with Erica and Becca to the outdoor chapel where the ceremony took place. He and the new girlfriend were walking over the hill, down to the water where the guests were seated. My heart lurched, and I felt a little sick. I did my best not to react (other than to say that I could see him), since I didn't think it would be fair to Erica to take the focus off of the event that was about to happen.
When I walked down the aisle, I tried not to look at him, but I did catch a quick glimpse. For a few minutes, I thought that the new girlfriend was totally gorgeous (didn't have my glasses on and only saw her for a split second). Brace yourself. . . it's petty time. . . But, after I got a closer look, I saw that she was NOT that pretty and was, in fact, more than a bit horsey. I know. . . that's mean, it's not her fault, blah blah blah. . . but it did make me feel better that he didn't trade me in for a Ferrari. :)
At the reception (on a lawn overlooking the water). This girl is the friend who set me up on the blind date with the writer.

Adam, Erica and Adam's dad, doing a welcoming toast

We didn't do a receiving line after the ceremony, so there was no encounter there. It wasn't until we got to the reception that I felt really awkward. Fortunately, all of the girls were awesome backup, so when I had to walk past them to get my seating card, Emily went with me and we pretended to be engrossed in conversation. . .
Emily and Lauren

Then, a few minutes later, PP was standing talking to a guy who I know and like, so I decided to go up and say hello and just get it over with. It was a bit bittersweet. Clearly, we really care about each other and still have a great connection, but he just can't move forward in life for some reason. Anyway, he was definitely blown away by the change in my appearance, and told me how great he thought I looked several times. I thanked him, and told him that I was feeling incredible, much healthier and stronger than I've felt for as long as I can remember. After a few minutes, I excused myself and went to talk to other friends. It was a relief to have gotten the encounter out of the way.
I have more to write, but have got to leave for work! More soon.

7 comments:
You are the Ferrari!
A very classy Ferrari!
Cant wait to hear the rest, and see some more pics of you in all your glory. Do you have a full length in your blue dress?
Don't worry, PP and the Old Jalopy got nothin' on you! Way to go. Your dignity intact and your outfits hot, hot hot. (I have to ask...how tall are you? Or maybe the question is, how tall was the wedding party?) :)
it sounds like you not only survived, you shined!
A classy look for a classy girl.. you did better than me, I probably would have tipped my champagne over his head - OK, maybe not but I definitely would have thought about it.
So happy to see you got through unscathed :)
I love that dress as well!!! you look great, The wedding looked like it was beautiful!!
Post a Comment