
Wow! I am down 52.2 as of this morning! Once I got past the hurdle of the sixth week of Boot Camp, I feel like my weight really started moving again! This is great. My 8 week session is over, so I signed on for 36 more sessions.
-
Honestly, it's really doing the trick. Last night, I tried on the dress I bought to wear to my friends' rehearsal dinner (this Friday night. . . yes, the dreaded ex-encounter will finally be over by this time next week). Anyway, the dress really looked great -- it is flattering, fits perfectly, and my body (my formerly much thicker and heavier body that I never would have thought this about) looks great in it. Amazing -- thank you band!

10 comments:
Interesting -- I just figured out that this puts my average loss overall at 1.33 pounds per week.
Catherine, make sure you post some pics this week of you wearing your outfits for the wedding and pre parties. We are all here to support you through this somewhat trying week ahead and would love to see how GREAT you will look! You think your drycleaner and yoga buddy were surprised to see you?? I would love to see the look on your ex's face when he sees you...r
Oh yeah, that will be priceless, the look on the ex's face. Too bad, his loss! I also would love to see some pics, you're going to have a great time. Enjoy and Congrats!!
I agree with Linda... you'd better post pictures! And good for you for signing up for more classes... that is great!
I just read an article about the time it takes to see a difference on a scale after you really start upping your strength training and I swear it said 6 weeks. And then YOU said six weeks...that is such good info to share.
Also, you mentioned in your mom post that you were banded in Mexico. I didnt know this and went back to your very first post and realized that I had never started you blog from the beginning.
Why did you decide on Mexico? I ask bc another blogger has decided to go through with the band and her insurance doesnt cover it...and was going to tell her look into mexico, but I didnt "know" any fellow bloggers that went to Mexico....and now I do :)
I decided on Mexico for a few reasons -- My BMI was too low for insurance to pay, so I had to pay out of pocket.
Then, I met someone through a mutual friend who had her surgery done with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey. She had lost 90 pounds, looked fantastic, and couldn't say enough about how great the doctor and his staff were.
I called his office, and the woman who I spoke with many times as I was making my decision was great. She also was banded by Dr. Rumbaut, and took all of the time I needed to answer my questions. I was really impressed by the level of service.
I researched Dr. Rumbaut and found out that -- not only is he banded -- but he's actually done more of these surgeries than most other doctors. Also, he has a relationship with NYU, so I was able to arrange my post-op care before I even had the surgery.
All of that (not to mention a savings of many thousands of $) made me feel very confident in my decision, so I booked my surgery date. The hospital was fantastic, and I've never seen anything like that level of care in the U.S.
I'd be happy to talk to the other blogger about my experience -- just have her e-mail me at chroniclesfrombandland@gmail.com.
Hmmm must look into boot camp!
Can't wait to see the wedding and pre-wedding photos. And that dress you wore in the earlier post was so cute.
Cheers!
After reading your posts, I chose Dr. Rumbaut myself! :) :) Though I had my surgery in December of '08, I just started my own blog on here, again following in your footsteps. :) I hope that I can pay it forward as you and your friend have. :)
Congrats on your great loss so far and all your NSV's too!
you will look gorgeous friday which will make you feel wonderful. and remember you're never fully dressed without a smile. you have a beautiful smile, wear it big and bright.
Post a Comment