
I did a little math yesterday to see how my rate of loss (in pounds per week) during the past 8 weeks of Boot Camp has compared to my overall rate from surgery through May 21st. I really wanted to see what building more muscle meant in terms of scale numbers, and thought others might be interested in this as well. So, here are the stats:
Up to May 21st, I was averaging 1.43 pounds per week. Then, during the first four weeks of boot camp (when I was building a ton of muscle), I only dropped 2.2 pounds -- and during that time, there was a 17 day stretch when I didn't lose an ounce! Then, during the last four weeks, I've dropped 5.4 pounds -- which puts me back around 1.35 pounds per week for the 8 week period. Here is how the weeks break down:
Weeks 1-4: .55 lbs/week (with zero lost for 17 days in a row during that time!)
Weeks 5-6: .5 lbs/week
Weeks 7-8: 2.2 lbs/week
So, it looks like I just had to get through about 4-6 weeks of muscle-building to get back to losing. And, it seems that with all that extra muscle, I may have amped up my metabolism a bit! Very encouraging!!
BTW, I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. Loved it!

7 comments:
That's really interesting, and it's great to see you come over the hump of the muscle building too.
I saw it last night - I loved all the teenaged romance stuff, love potion-ed ron was hilarious!
That is good to know Catherine... i.e. be patient while you're building muscle!!!
I'm seeing HP tomorrow - can't wait!
(Off topic, sorry.)
I'm a new lurker and read your blog from beginning to end in the last few days. I entered a contest for free lapband surgery and have made it to the top 20 candidates. I've been researching like mad and your blog has been immensely helpful and entertaining. Just wanted to say thanks.
LBT is great for questions about the process of getting banded but it's you wonderful bloggers who tell the story of real life as a bandit.
(On topic)
More muscle means faster fat burning...so go you!
And I can't wait to see HP, hopefully this weekend!
-Jessica-
Impressive! I have just started going to the gym, it will be interesting to see if it affects my weight. I seem to come home *starving*. . . not good.
I hope my math skills get better when I start losing weight..I don't think I could do all that calculating! Way to go! :) I"m impressed.
And, PROPS to the momma! I love that she rode a camel and the smoking is a huge accomplishment, great job!
Since maths was never my strong suit, I just read your post and went.. uh huh, ohhh, hmm, wow! lol Very well done on working that lot out. And congrats Catherine. You are back on a roll! x
I'm a little behind on your blog, but congrats on the 50 lbs gone! That's awesome!
Glad you liked HP. We're going tonight...can't wait!
Post a Comment