Friday, July 17, 2009

Motivated Mom!

I wanted to take a minute today to give major props to my mother! Not only has she done really well on her own diet (she lost 20 lbs), but she also quit smoking!! After smoking for most of her adult life, she has now been sans-smoke for what must be nearly 2 months now. I am so proud of her!!!


She also just got back from a trip to Egypt with her BF, which is also very cool! I am especially impressed and awed that she -- a person who is not that comfortable with big animals -- got up on a camel to take this awesome photo!


All of you who have read my blog from the beginning also know that my mom has been a huge supporter of my decision to get the band. Actually, everyone I have told in my family has been really wonderful. But, my mom does get special props for being not only a great source of encouragement, but also for coming to Mexico with me when I had my surgery and even sleeping in my hospital room when I had to stay overnight. Go mom!!! Thank you for all you do!!
I will add that she is a regular follower of a bunch of other bandster blogs. I know that she reads Sarah's (Losing Weight, Gaining Tons), Angie's, Cara's (The Dash) and many others. When I talked to her a few days ago, she was very empathetic about Lise's unfill situation and is always really happy to see how well everyone is doing.

6 comments:

Amy W. said...

well woot woot for your mom! 20 lbs is no easy task!

Tiffani said...

She looks fantastic!!! Congrats to MOM!!!!!





(a side note - my word verification was doche... way too close to douche, gross..)

Sarah said...

Rock on Mom... and welcome to the bandster's group!!! Thanks for your support and being such a good mom! I'm lucky to have a great one too.

lori said...

you're lucky to have such a wonderful mother. and she is lucky to have a daughter that appreciates all that she does.

Catherine55 said...

Thanks you guys! Believe me, I recognize how lucky I am on this front. That's why I'm so so happy that my mother quit smoking. Someone as great as she is needs to be in my life as long as possible!! :)

THE DASH! said...

You mom just looks gorgeous.. you're lucky you have such a great relationship and I'm quite envious (but in a good way :) And giving up the ciggies is no easy feat.. just ask moi! Go her!!!
lol my word verification was splutroe.. wt?