I was walking through my old neighborhood (West Village) on Saturday with a friend, and stopped by my dry cleaner/laundry to say hi to the proprietor (I sent my laundry there for 5 years, so we had a lot of interaction). It hadn't struck me that she hasn't seen me since I was banded, so I was really surprised to see her do a double take when I came in. She is an adorable Asian woman, very warm and nice -- and gave me a big hug. She seemed so happy by my weight loss that she looked like she might tear up! She said that I look like a different person and much prettier (nothing like being direct. .), which I take in the positive way it was intended. It was a nice surprise to get such a big reaction!
Later that day, I saw a woman from my yoga class (I haven't been for months) and she said the same thing -- that I look like a completely different person. This is a funny reaction to me, I mean -- I still look like myself, just a thinner version. I guess that may be how people relate to big weight changes. Anyway, it was nice to get this positive feedback!
7 years ago

2 comments:
Yay Catherine!!! Isn't that great? I'm going to CA this weekend to see a friend I haven't seen in almost a year. Although she follows me on the blog, I can't wait to see her in-person reaction! :-)
Hi Catherine - love your post - can't wait to have these kind of reactions myself! Chalk this up as a definate NSV!!
Post a Comment