I just got back from my trip to Austin, and have to say that the only way it could have been better is if it was longer! I got to spend time with my best friend (Grace) and her sister and brother-in-law (C & M), who are long-time friends of mine as well! It was so nice to see everyone and to catch up with them in person. Also, I hadn't seen Grace, C or M since my surgery, and it was great to hear that they really noticed a big difference.
Me at lunch at North with C, prior to our fun shopping jaunt at The Domain, which is a fantastic shopping center in Austin.

No description of this trip would be complete if I did not tell you that C&M are masters in the art of being great hosts (seriously, I was taking notes!) and that staying at their home feels like staying at a very exclusive 5 star resort!
It was H-O-T this weekend!
We spent much of the day time in M&C's glorious pool, sipping bubbly and chatting in the sun. Honestly, it was like heaven! Getting to chill out like that with some of my very favorite people in the world was just fantastic, not to mention very relaxing and decadent! One of the many hosting tips I picked up this weekend is that it is extremely civilized and considerate to put a second, smaller cooler within reach from the pool! It is all the more civilized and considerate when stocked with very nice champagne and ice cold water. :)
M manned the grill and made all kinds of delicious food for our 4th of July lunch (and dinner), including that shown below. (No trouble eating a hotdog, and I also had two wings with no issue, though I had a hard time eating steak this weekend. I didn't get stuck, but it did not go down very easily, so I took a long time to eat it to make sure that I chewed it properly. Nonetheless, it was very yummy!)
Grilled hot dogs, an assortment of wings prepared with different marinades, mesquite chips and, of course, a bottle of Louis Roderer Brut Premier! 

It was really a great weekend, and there were too many nice things (not to mention delicious meals) to tell about them all. I will add that I was on pins and needles today watching Roddick and Federer battle it out at Wimbledon -- what an amazing match! I am really glad that I got to see it.
I hope everyone had a great 4th!


4 comments:
Okay, so here's the thing. I have decided that I'm coming back as Catherine in my next life!!! Sounds as though you had the best time and your pics were gorgeous. Thanks for sharing... (going green with envy here.. I want it hot enough to swim too lol ) x
Yum... it all sounds so delicious! I too, have no trouble with hot dogs anymore, but burgers don't do so well. And I love cheeseburgers... I made a tomato pie this weekend that was delicious... not so good on the protein, but yummy!
Sounds like a wonderful time. And you sound really happy :-)
It's been hot hot hot in England (not quite as hot as Austin), but we don't have air con, which makes it quite oppressive.
And I don't know if you notice, but I find heat tends to make my band tighter. Ouch. Could hardly get a glass of wine down over the weekend. Should have tried going in an outdoor swmimming pool (envy!)
H x
PS Cara, you can't come back as Catherine, I'm doing that, I booked it first :-))
H x
Post a Comment