Monday, August 31, 2009

Fifty-six!


About time! The scale finally moved in the right direction this morning! I am down 56.4. YAY!
-
I had a fun weekend. On Saturday night, I went out with my friend Hayley to a great restaurant called The Spotted Pig. It is a very cute gastropub that is partly owned by Jay-Z and tends to attract a lot of celebrities. Hayley and I got a spot at the bar downstairs, and wound up talking to a very cute guy who was there by himself, grabbing a burger and a beer.
-
We actually wound up deciding to have dinner at the bar because we were having such a great time, and were talking to this guy all the while. He was very interesting, attractive, we had a ton of things in common, and he was making lots of eye contact and being a bit flirty. About an hour after dinner, Hayley headed home because she thought he liked me and wanted to give him a chance to ask for my phone number.
-
Long story short, I hung out with this guy for another two hours (so that makes about 5 1/2 hours of great conversation where we covered a bunch of personal topics), and he finally breaks out that he "should probably have mentioned this earlier, but. ." he has a girlfriend. Kind of uncool, no? I certainly thought so, especially since he actually referenced the girl (without saying they were in a relationship) pretty early on in the night. Lame!!
-
In other news, I'm going to update my "Sisterhood" post from a few days ago with a new photo from Angie that is really cute! Take a look.

10 comments:

Amy W. said...

That is shady BUT...I bet he met you and felt a spark and just got lost in such good conversation that it was hard to bring it up...and then you get so far into the conversation that it is REALLY odd to just bring it up. Sounded like an episode of Sex and the City to me. Maybe he is like Burger and they are at the end?

Brooke said...

5 hours? Yeah, I think Amy's onto something. He obviously enjoyed himself and that is shady behaviour (none of us would want to be that other gal) but on the purely pro-Katherine team I think he was probably just blown away by your charm, beauty and sense of humour ;-)

Catherine55 said...

Well. . here's the kicker. After he broke out the girlfriend news, I said -- so, if you didn't have a girlfriend, would this have gone differently? And he then tells me (after asking if I wanted him to answer honestly) that no, it wouldn't have . . because apparently, he only likes brunettes. Whatever.

All that notwithstanding, he e-mailed me yesterday (I had given him my card at some point) to say that he enjoyed meeting me and to thank me for "being understanding." Again, whatever. .

Sarah said...

WHAT?!?!? Crazy. But, no doubt you will find a guy who likes hot, smart, blond girls soon!!! :-)

Sarah said...

Oh - and congrats on 56!!!

Anonymous said...

in the words of Chelsea Handler ...WHAT..a Jackass! Props to Hayley for ducking out though, good friend.

THE DASH! said...

Yoiks!! I remember days like these - mind you, a long looooong time ago lol. The guy sounded like an ass - talk about leading you on to nowhere. And whats with the email? Even if he 'likes' brunettes there's something there for him, Katherine. I mean he must have seen your face and felt your body language when he dropped the girlfriend in there at that last stage, and then to email you? Pfft. He's taken by you!! Ten to one. XX

THE DASH! said...

Drats! Meant to say also: CONGRATS ON 56! Thats major. You go girl!!

lori said...

he was smitten. and you got in some practice convo. the 56 is better.

Tiffani said...

Congrats on 56!!! Not sure if you follow my blog but I did post about the clothes I received from Tracy if you're interested in seeing :)

Sounds like the guy's a schmo.. you don't need him! :P