Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Outfit!

I am so happy with the dress I got this weekend that I took a quick photo before work. I have a grey knit shrug to wear over it so that I'm not too arm-y (or freezing) in the office. . . Here it is with the shrug. These are hugely oversized (Banana Republic is selling them right now), so I had to buy a small. While I know it doesn't mean anything given how these sweaters are cut, it was a total novelty to me to buy a "small"!
A year ago, it would not have occurred to me that I'd be able to wear an outfit like this today. Go, band!

16 comments:

Gen said...

Great outfit, you look great!

MB said...

Are you trying to pull in some new clients? They should use you on advertisements for the firm.

Hubba hubba. :)

Louie said...

Catherine - You look awesome! Where did those hips go girl? Holy cow. I just went through my closet and gave away 3 large bags of clothes to a shelter for homeless women who are trying to re-enter the workforce. And, I just bought size 14 jeans. Boot camp really works!!!!! Keep it up.

jennyr1222 said...

Love the entire outfit including the shoes!! You look great! The thought of buying something that is a small regardless of cut it amazing!!

Go Catherine!

Brooke said...

Wow, you look really chic and put together. Loved the outfit.

That must have been a fun moment when you realized you had to get the small :-)

Amy W. said...

I heart that shrug. I dont think we have a banana republic in our mall here...but I bet if I go 50 miles either way I can find one! For real though, you are now thin! You have a great shape! Lovely Catherine! What size are you at now?

Alexis said...

You look GORGEOUS! Look how much you have transformed! It's amazing. I love reading your blog!

loosing in 2009 said...

OMG!! Catherine you look wonderful!! What size is that dress??? You look like a size 5. You look so tiny!!! You go girl!!!

Catherine55 said...

Thanks you guys!! I feel pretty snazzy today! :) This dress is a 12, but I'm between a 12 and 14 right now in most things. Considering that I started out at a relatively tight 20 (Gap sizes), that is what I call progress!

Catherine

Sarah said...

As usual, Rock on! You look gorgeous! I have no doubt how much more confident you're feeling in that outfit too!!! Just beautiful.

Mary said...

OOOOOOO I Love that dress. I havent owned a dress in a LONG TIME and still dont own a dress. you look killer in that dress!!!

Anonymous said...

Loving the nipped in waist in that shot. You certainly look terrific. Love seeing photos!

THE DASH! said...

Theres nothing like owning a LBD that makes you feel like a knockout. This one certainly did its job - love the shawl too, just gorgeous. You look perfectly put together, Catherine.
Hugs
Cara
PS Your dad looks mega cool - right out of a Starsky and Hutch episode. Love the mo :)

Catherine55 said...

LOL, Cara!! You are the second person today (the other being my friend Christina from Berlin) to say that my dad looks like he's on Starsky & Hutch!! :)

Unknown said...

WOW, Catherine -- you look amaaaazing! I am new to your blog and am slowly 'catching up' w/your journey. You are a huge inspiration to me! I begin my own journey on Monday (right across the East River, on LI)and hope I can accomplish what you have! Continued success, I look forward to reading more!

Kathy said...

You look great!