I went back to see if I could find an old photo on my Shutterfly account from 2000 or 2001, but I don't have any that old on there. I did find my favorite photo of me with my niece, Grace, from August 2004! She has the sweetest look on her cute little face! :)

On Sunday, my friend and client who I worked with every day from September 2000 to October 2001 (in the Bahamas! Best assignment ever!) will be in town. Her name is Linda. Linda and I have plans to have dinner that night. I've been back to Nassau a few times since I lived there, but once I got very uncomfortable about my weight, I stopped going. There were just too many people who I didn't want to see me that way.
Funny thing . . I can't remember for the life of me what I weighed the last time I saw Linda (who is built like a model/athlete . . tall and thin, wears gorgeous clothing and accessorizes like a dream). I wonder if I will look the same to her, or if she'll think I've put on weight! This time last year, I would have probably made up an excuse not to see her because I would not have wanted her to see me at my then-current size. Or, I would have been really stressed and dreading it. But now, I just feel good and am excited to catch up with my old friend. This is a huge NSV, and I feel very free from the burden of feeling bad about my weight! In fact, I feel pretty darned good!

5 comments:
well you look pretty darn good too!!! and a size 12!!!!!!! that is freakin awesome!!! I hope Ill be in that soon! LOL. That picture with your Neice is adorable! I have a picture of me with my 7 Neices and I and HUGE so Hopefully when they come back from texas to visit I can get one with them now and my new Lower weight! :o)
Catherine,
I don't know what you weighed when you saw your friend last time but this time round - well, no way do you look overweight. You look slim and fit and ready to hit the town. Have the BEST time!!
PS that picture is just gorgeous! What a cute little girl (and a cute bigger one behind her lol)
Congrats on the jeans surprise! It's always the best when you have certain expectations and something better happens.
I can relate to making excuses not to meet people because of weight gain. It's such a relief not to have to think that way any more. I am sure you will look great.
And I love the pool pic with your niece
Hx
Have a great time! Give your self a hug you deserve it!
Post a Comment