Saturday, August 15, 2009

Peace out, Plus Sizes. . .

Since my mom is here, I thought I'd try on a few things and get her take on what I should get rid of (BTW if you need size 18, e-mail me at chroniclesfrombandland@gmail.com -- I won't be able to send to everyone, but if you include a photo and I have things that I think would look good on you, I will send them).

These photos are of me in the pants that were getting tight when I started this process. I can't believe that they ever fit. I just bought a dress today that is EIGHT sizes smaller than these pants. Thank you, God! (And Dr. Rumbaut. . and Dr. Ren. . .and my family and friends. . . and my Boot Camp Instructors. . . and hell, while I'm at it, thank me too!!) :) :)



14 comments:

Lynn said...

Woo-hoo!!! I CANNOT wait to get to that point. I am so looking forward to leaving the plus size cage.

You look AWESOME!!!

THE DASH! said...

Your shape has totally changed, Catherine. And by the way, any ideas where I can get a set of boobs like that.. big sigh! The transformation of NY Catherine is almost complete x

momma2fi said...

JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS!!! But in a happy, good way! You rock - seriously. You look fantastic. I can't wait for the day when I can say AVOIR PLUS SIZES!! What kind of present are you planning on giving yourself when you get to goal?? I am a big believer in giving self-presents - because ultimately, we are our own best friends - and you have been very good to yourself! A new St. John outfit? A sparkly bauble?? Personally, I am thinking of something for every 10 lbs I lose!!!

Jen from Oregon said...

You. Are. Beautiful! (as you were in all your transformation photos as well)
You look so fit and healthy!
WOW! I can't even wrap my head around shopping anywhere but plus size stores.
Someday!

Anonymous said...

Peace out, definitely. You look sooo healthy and beautiful! I had a Jared moment when i saw you in the big pants (Subway!) I'm with Momma2, you should set an excellent reward for all the hard work, and I'm all about bling too! Of course, some Jimmy Choo's would also be nice. Have a great time with your mom.

Catherine55 said...

I really felt like Jared in those pants! :) Too funny! Cara -- I highly recommend Wacoal for bras and getting measured to make sure you are in the right size (if you haven't already). Makes a world of difference!

BTW, you guys are all so great with all of your nice comments. My mom and I were reading them earlier and got totally choked up!

xoxoxo,

Catherine

Gen said...

You are such an inspiration! I am starting right about where you started - surgery in 2 weeks! I hope to follow in your footsteps.

BTW how are the boobs with the weight loss? I am wondering if mine will disappear or if a boob job is in my future. (40 D right now).

Thanks for an awesome blog - you have inspired me to start my own.

Kathy said...

There is something so exciting and moving about shopping with my daughter and watching her slip into a size 12 that was so profound it caused me to tear up! I am so proud of you Catherine, Keep up the good work. Love you, MOM

T!ff@ny said...

Hi, my name is Tiffany. I am looking into getting lap band. I have enjoyed reading your blog (just came across it). You look great!

Sarah said...

Catherine... BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely amazing girl! Say goodbye to those plus sizes for EVER!!! You look wonderful. I can't wait to get there! And thanks for your sweet post on my space.

Brooke said...

Amazing as always!

You look fabulous. That must be so surreal to be able to stand in your old pants and know that plus sizes and plus size stores are no longer an option (or, your only option anymore!).

I agree with the gang, this is worthy of celebration and a gift to yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I am 18 years old and overweight...

I Love reading all your info! very inspiring!! I have 37 days till my OP and I am incredibly nervous but very excited!!

I have noticed that alot of people have said there are foods you can't have this is something my Dr has not said!

so now I am nervous that I am going to be deprived!!

but your blog is inspirational - THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!

Amazing PHOTOS!!! Ps!!! SOOOOO GREAT! - SOOO INSPIRATIONAL.

Mary said...

You look amazing!!! I too am leaving the plus sizes soon! Im in an 18 now but I will soooon be in a 16 I tried on a 16 the other day and they were just a tadddd to tight! You are doing great and looking fabulous!!!!

headin_to_mxico said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you look wonderful! You look like a "normal" person. Thats what I call people who are not over weight. You should be so very proud of yourself! BTW, I get my first fill on Friday. Hopefully I have some weight-loss since Ive been at the same place for four weeks!