
The first photo was taken in Germany in May 2008, five months before I was banded. I am wearing size 20 jeans, which I kept for comparison/archival purposes.
The second was taken here in NYC on April 18, 2009, about six months post-op. I am 36.8 pounds down, wearing size 18 jeans (which I have since sent to another bandster -- these may be the ones I sent to Mary this week).
The third is the photo from yesterday, also taken in NYC. I am just over 10 months post-op, down 55 pounds, and have lost nearly 30 inches (29.65 . . I finally counted my inches from my arms and legs twice, since I have two of each after all. . .). The jeans are a size 12! (I know. . I know. . . I posted this already, but I'm still thrilled!) BTW, if you click on the photo, it gets bigger.
As of right now, I have about 20 pounds to get to my goal and to get me to the high range of the "ideal" BMI for my height. I also realize, looking at the photos on my blog, that I have definitely gotten plenty of use out of my YSL Muse bag, since it's pretty much in every photo! :) I swear. . I really do have other handbags. . .
This change has been so gradual to me that it's hard for me to understand how big of a difference there is in my appearance, unless I put photos next to one another or try on my old pants. I also don't feel like it's been especially difficult to make the changes that I've made so far or to adjust to eating like a bandster. I don't feel deprived of food, have any problem going to any restaurant I want to go to, and I am more comfortable in my skin then I can ever remember being.
Another thing that I noticed is that the last 20-25 pounds I have lost made a bigger difference than the first 30-35. For example, during the first 6 months post-op, my pants changed only from a 20 to an 18. But during the last 4 months, I've gone from an 18 to a 12. As I mentioned earlier, my number of inches lost during the first 30 pounds was nearly the same amount that I lost in the following 20.
I am not perfect at following the rules of eating for bandsters. I have never gotten the hang of not drinking during meals. I also let myself have wine on a regular basis, despite the calories (some things I enjoy enough that I don't mind if I lose slower than others). And, once in a while, I even let myself have things like ice cream or chocolate -- though I don't see any reason not to do that with the band, as long as it's not a regular thing. A girl has got to live, after all!

9 comments:
you look awesome! such a big diffrence from 1 shot to another except the handbag lol. I think you look great and very happy that your in that size 12! I know ill be extatic when i get there! ;o]
You look great!! I love that your wearing such a bright colorful shirt in the most recent photo!! It makes you look so bright and happy. When I was larger, I wore black all the time and now that I am feeling good about myself, I notice that I make more colorful choices.
Catherine, you're a rock-star. You looked beautiful at all your sizes, but you look amaaazing in those size 12 jeans! It's hard to appreciate the differences when it feels so slow. It's nice to hear that you felt like your second portion of weight made a bigger difference... I'm looking forward to more obvious changes!!
You are just even more beautiful! Love the side by side photos too. What a difference 10 months has made. I love reading your blog and sorry for not posting lately. Just been busy and not so much privacy to use the laptop. I haven't shared my blog with anyone except lap friends. You are so open and brave to share with your mom and dad. Keep up the hard work!!! Also thanks for helping me feel okay about not following all the labband rules. I also drink wine and eat a treat now and then. Have a great week!!!!
It's like the difference between night and day - in the first pic you are so beautiful and yet we never really feel comfortable (esp getting our pic taken) but in the last one you are putting yourself out there (still love that top - soooo pretty) and your confidence is just shining through.
Be so proud of what you've achieved ... you look like an angel
:)
I notice that the difference from the first to second pic is mostly upper body weight you lost, and in the second to the third pic, you lost the weight in your stomich, hip and thigh area. You lost from top to bottom. lol But that would also explain why you only lost one pant size with the first chunck of weight and three or four pant sizes with the second chunck of weight. You look happy and healthy!
You look great, your sucess is an inspiration!
You can really see the difference with the three pictures next to each other. And I'm not going to say you look better, because you're BEAUTIFUL in all of the pictures, you look HEALTHIER now.
I'm not a perfect bandster either. I actually got yelled at by the nutritionist. I'm not going to lie to her - I'm 21 years old - I'm at the age where my friends want to go out to the bar and I'm not going to be excluded because of my band. I told her it's not something I do often, maybe once a month, and even then, I try to drink wine or something like diet coke and rum. It really bothered me the way she treated me, especially since I'm relatively happy with my progress.
You look stunning!!! I love the bag too LOL. Congratulations on your success so far, I hope to be banded around the same time you will probably be celebrating your Bandiversary. Best wishes
Charise
Post a Comment