Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bounce Bounce Bounce. . .

My scale has been bouncing all over the place since I hit 63 down. One day, it was actually up FOUR pounds from the day before . . I was like Wha?? I think I must have had a lot of salt the day before. Then, I bounced down two pounds, and now I'm just .2 away from the number I was at at 63 down.

I know that I bounce like this between most pounds, but usually it's just by a pound or two at most. Hopefully, now that I'm back near 63 again, it will just be a short while before I get to 64. . and 65. . and and and. . . !

BTW, I have two good friends in the UK who used to always rent bouncy castles like the one shown above when they had parties. Apparently, it's not that uncommon to do that there! I love it -- was always such a fan of the bouncy castle as a kid. Unfortunately, almost no one in NYC has room for one in their apartment!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Gosh... wouldn't it be fun to have one in your apartment?!?!? They do provide quite a workout!

misspiggynomore said...

Keep up the good work, C! BTW, anytime you want to spend some time on a bouncy castle, we rent them all of the time for our birthday parties down here in Texas, so come on down! We have large yards and almost always incorporate these in a shin-dig! You are welcomed anytime!

Jess said...

One of my girlfriends growing up had a big trampoline in her backyard...she had amazing abs!

wannabthinagain said...

it's something lots of people do here to, in Louisiana.

I'm having the same bouncing going on here too. i'm SOOOOO CLOSE to my goal and i woke up the other day and the scale showed 4 lbs higher! WTH?

It's frustrating, but if we keep at it, we will get over that plateau/gain/bump....whatever you want to call it and FINALLY see a lower number, all the way to GOAL!!

DB said...

Oooh Bouncy's are fun! I heart your attitude about your weight loss.

MandaPanda said...

I've spent the last 3 days reading your entire blog and I'm now addicted! I'm going to live vicariously through you from now on...such an exciting life in the big city as opposed to boring mother of two stuff here! I'm very early on in banding process - insurance approvals, etc. but you have been such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing you life with us!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

man those bouncy houses are an awesome way to keep the kids entertained for 3 straight hours! i will be getting one for my kids next bday in march, b/c my neices got one a few mths ago and it was a HUGE hit. Wore the kids out!!!

THE DASH! said...

I'm sure that weight will shift DOWN within a few days: I swear, someone put something in them makeup of them to keep us in check and keep our heads in total bewilderment.
Your pic brought up a funny story I once heard about a friend of mine who hired a bouncy castle for her sons football team. I will actually write about it I think, it was so terrible and yet hilarious.. for us.. not her.. she was mortified. Stay tuned lol

Brooke said...

Oh man, I hear ya re: the weight bounce. I was down 6 lbs and then regained it over night? So strange. It's coming off now again but I don't get the fluctuation.

Some of my family members have those bouncy castles/trampolines etc for the kids, but I see the adults on them more than the kids.... Cuz thier fun!

headin_to_mxico said...

Wow! Tomorrow is the big one year! Happy Bandaversery! Look how far you have come!