Saturday, October 3, 2009

True Religion. . .

One of the things I've been looking forward to about losing weight is finally being able to fit into cool designer jeans. I took a look on-line this morning and found this great pair from True Religion. Super cute, right?

Darn it. . wouldn't you know that the biggest size they make is equivalent to a 10?? WTF?? 10 is not such a big size that it should be the ultimate cap!! Plus, I don't fit into a 10 yet. Looking at the measurements for the jeans size, I still have to lose an inch off of my hips to fit into the largest size of these jeans. I've got to tell you . . . That really sticks in my craw!!

I know I'll be there eventually, and I suppose this gives me something else to look forward to. But, I'm not really expecting to be smaller than a 10 when I get to goal, so I'll be wearing their biggest size even when I'm at an "ideal" BMI. I don't really understand why certain companies do their sizing like this. . not when the average size in the U.S. is a size 14. Grrr!

10 comments:

loosing in 2009 said...

I totally know what you mean. Right now I am fitting into a size 10 Calvin Clein Jeans, Old Navy Jeans, but wouldn't you know it. I tried on a size 10 True Religion, 7 For All Mankind and Rock Republic and they don't fit. It's like they are designed for little girls with no hips and no butt. It's really frustrating!!

uh said...

Don't give up on those jeans if you really want them :)

Unknown said...

Catherine - some of the Paige jeans come in the "ginormous" sizes of 33 & 34! But you should prob. wait b/c I'm sure it will not be long to get the ones you really love!

Unknown said...

Hey Catherine! Paige jeans have some cute styles in the "ginormous" sizes of 33 & 34 ;)
But you should prob. wait to get the ones you really love - you will be able to wear them VERY soon from the looks of it!!

Angie Cummings said...

So annoying!
Well let me tell you, Paige Premium Denim goes up to a 33, and Citizens of Humanity and Fidelity fit a bit more generously imho than some of the other lines.

It's so weird - I weigh a bunch more than you still, but am a 12 as well, and fitting into premium denim - I am all belly and no bum though!

Angie Cummings said...

oh Ruth mentioned Paige before me! props to her!

THE DASH! said...

All these jean brand names I have no clue about.. but I hear your frustration.

We have a shop here called 'Jeans West', that sells designer jeans and they charge a bomb ... also made for tiny girls with no hips or waist. It sucks! I feel your pain.. and it's frustrating because we work so hard to get where we are and we probably still wont fit them in the end.. these companies do a disservice because let's face it.. how many girls are like the ones above.. they are not really 'average sized!'. That pisses me off.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I've just read your entire blog and I've enjoyed it very much. I'm very close to your start weight and height -- and your "after" pictures look amazing. You should be proud!
I've started the process of meetings w/the doctors etc., and I have to decide between Lap Band and Realize by Monday.
I'll be keeping an eye on your blog! Good luck!
Michelle Brosnahan

Sarah said...

Catherine - I'm with Cara that I don't have a clue about these brands, but that is ridiculous that 10 is the highest size they carry! AS IF they deign to go into double digits! Well, you'll get there... you will!!! But in the meantime, take pride in the fact that you are fitting in the middle to lower end of sizes that Gap carries! Among other more reasonable designers... Good luck!!!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

That does suck. I may just have to veto those brands, even when I'm smaller.