I'll post about the Food and Wine Festival event later -- I took a bunch of photos and had a blast. But, on Sunday, I met up with three fantastic people who I know only through this site and http://www.lapbandtalk.com/, Peter (RealizeInCT), Jen, and "Lola" (who is a bandster-to-be).
We had a great time (I do wonder what the waitress thought about how little we all ate!) and it was so nice to meet in person. One thing that I especially liked was being able to talk about band stuff with people who are going through that experience. Of course, being on LapBandTalk, this blog and other blogs, gives me the ability to do that, but it was really nice to have a group together and be able to talk in person. Plus, Peter, Lola and Jen are all very interesting people with great personalities, so it would have been a great day regardless.
7 years ago

4 comments:
Cool! I have a support group I meet with, but we've never eaten with one another.
I can just imagine the conversation starter that would be and how helpful it would be to see one person's portion size vs. another's.
Glad you had fun :-)
That's so cool that you got to meet with other bandsters. We are the only ones who truly know what we are going through! I bet that broke the tension in a social eating situation. :)
I found that when I went to lunch with three of my Perth Banding buds and also when I met Nola in Tasmania - it's interesting to see how others eat and to be able to celebrate (or commiserate lol) on how wonderfully we are all doing.
Sounds like you had fun :)
It was so great to finally meet you in person Catherine!! Looking forward to the next time!
Post a Comment