I have to hand it to my parents -- they are both pretty cool! I've been missing them both this week.
-
Right now, my mom is on another exciting trip -- four or so days in Holland to visit her best friend (my honorary aunt, who is fabulous), followed by about a week in Dubai with her boyfriend of many years. Not too shabby! However, I'm really missing our near-daily phone chats!
-
Last night, I was talking to my dad and found out that he is having his deposition taken today in a fraud/embezzlement case. Long story short, after he joined his current company, he personally (!) figured out that a long-time employee (treated like family by the owners) had been stealing millions of dollars from the company through the years. It sounds like she was a shopping addict or something . . .she spent a big chunk of it on high-end shoes. (WTH?! I love nice shoes as much as the next girl (maybe more), but I'm not willing to go to prison to wear them!) His deposition is in a case seeking to recover that money. WAY TO GOOOOOOOO, DAD!! :)
-
So, both of them have especially cool things going on today. . . my mom is roaming around Dubai, and my dad is fighting crime! NICE! Another nice thing about them is that -- even though they have been divorced for 28 years (OK, probably it's because it's been that long!), they actually get along really well. We all get together for the holidays from time to time, and there is never any drama between them. It wasn't always that easy, but it has been for a really long time.

2 comments:
Terrible that your mom and dad got divorced but no doubt made easier that they are not at each others throats. I love that.
I envy you, your relationship with them. That you miss phone calls with them shows how great your relationship is with them (esp your mom.) Cherish it :) xxx
I really do, Cara. I definitely don't take it for granted, and I don't think they do either. I am very grateful for this.
xoxo,
Catherine
Post a Comment