Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Freaking plateau of freaking annoyingness!!


OK. . so I seem to be stuck at my current weight. Since October 13th, I've just been bouncing up and down from my lowest weight to date. It's so annoying. I've been here before and am reminding myself to have faith that the scale will move down again. But, I'm still a little frustrated. To have my goal within just 12 pounds. . . to be just a fraction away from fitting into a size 10. . . man, I just want to get there.
-
I'm trying to resist having another wee fill -- honestly, I don't need it. What I could do (people in my off-line life, please put a sock in it -- I don't want to hear it) is eliminate some of my favorite liquid calories (i.e. wine) . . . but with one of my best friends in town, staying with me for the next 9 days . . . with her three month old baby, I just don't see that as an acceptable option!
-
I'm going to hang in there, tough it out this week (assuming the scale doesn't move) and see what I can change the following week to get things moving. I am trying to keep it in perspective -- if I'd known this was as far as I'd go on my surgery day, I would have been 100% OK with that. I've come so far, and I feel great about where I am right now. It's just that my goal is so close. . . !

11 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Argh! I really know where you are coming from. But take it from one who knows... the scales WILL shift.. but probably in it's own good time. (Got a hammer? Maybe it needs a belt to liven it up and co-operate!!)
So amazing that you're only 12 pounds away from goal.. can't wait till thats me.. so I will take a leaf out of your book and just keep going..and going.. and going lol.
Drink your wine, have fun and deal with it later. xxx

MB said...

I agree with Cara! :)

Sarah said...

Amen to Cara... don't give up the wine - especially with your house guests! Not possible... and you'd be miserable. It will come off - keep doing your workouts, etc... I think there must be something in the air because we are ALL having some tough times these last few days/weeks!

Roo said...

Wine is for pure medicinal purposes or good gossip sessions....don't give that up just yet...enjoy your friends stay and then you will be refreshed and ready to battle on...

Catherine55 said...

Thanks, ladies!! Now when I stall, I get afraid that it's because my body just doesn't want to go any lower.

I guess this slooooooowwwwwww loss answers my question about what to do when I get to the maintenance phase. I probably won't have any choice but NOT to lose more! It just does not want to come off like it used to!

Catherine

Mary said...

you will get there! it will stall here then all of a sudden BAM youve lost 12lbs well probably not that drastic lol. that is amazing that you are in a size 10 almost! Im in a 14 and can hardly believe it! you are doing fabulous dont give up your wine its neededb sometimes!

carla said...

Just keep doing what you are doing. It has gotten you just 12 pounds from goal and it will get you all the way there.

Yana said...

OK, this is non-band weight loss, but I have found in the past that when I have been restricting calories for a while, then have one day where I eat a bunch more, I usually see a loss...there is some material about this as a type of dieting, you might want to google it up...have fun with your bestie and her baby!

Amy W. said...

Think of it this way. If you had just set you goal 12 pounds higher...you would already be there! haha...just kidding. But you are probably right about your body wanting to stay where it is, and it sounds like you know a couple of things to do to move that way...but hey...you will get there!

Judi said...

Hi Catherine....
I'm here to tell you that the scale will move and that you must not give up the wine! Never in my life would I have imagined that I could lose 100+ pounds (took me 2 years!) not giving up my beloved wine or gin or any other taste sensation. I owe it all to my Lapband!
Onward!
Judi

Kathy said...

Hang in there, Catherine, you know it will happen. Keep on doing what you have been doing all year. Hang tough.Rejoyce in the NSV and the scale will move down again. There is No reason to give up life's little pleasures. You can and are doing it! Stop beating yourself up! Congratulations on all you have done.