Just a quick update to say that I had a great time at lunch with my old friend. He was very complimentary (but also was nice enough to say that I looked great before, too -- which I appreciated, since sometimes I imagine in retrospect that I looked like a matronly abomination). And, it was really nice to get a chance to catch up in person and have a good chat.
He didn't seem worried about my eating, so I didn't mention my surgery. Although I consider him to be a real friend, we're both in the same field and know a TON of the same people. While I know he is discrete and can keep a confidence, I am happy to keep the number of people in my professional life who know about my band to the minimum.
7 years ago

7 comments:
Oh good. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself and that your secret is still under wraps.
I'm glad lunch was good and you didn't feel the need to tell him. So many times I feel tempted to tell someone at work, but hold myself back and try to remember why I chose not to on the beginning. I would always be wondering, I do think from time to time that I take a risk with the blog, but the support I get from everyone is so worth it.
Have a great weekend - I hope you have better weather than we do in MD, but probably not.
I am totally in the Do Not Tell camp. Just makes everything easier. Glad it went well!
I agree with Gen!
Me three (or four, I've lost count.) I'm also in the Do Not Tell Camp.. (which as we all know is the secret hideaway in the forest at Band Camp, LOL.)
I've only told my husband and my immediate family (mom and sibs, and that was under duress.) So far nobody seems to have noticed (or if they have, they are too polite to mention it to my face.)
Glad lunch went well!
I'm with you there (and it seems a lot of other people too) about not telling people (but you know this already lol)
Thanks for your tip on how to handle the non-drinking... in the end I didn't use it. Handy tip for future though.
So glad you had a nice time. It's fun catching up with people who you haven't seen for ages when you're a new woman!
Glad to hear you didn't feel the need to let someone else in on your band.
I'm with you, the fewer people who know, the less likely it will be front page news.
My husband, mom and my Dr's know. my kids, siblings and friends do not know.
Post a Comment