Basically, it's an intensive 8-week program where you have to commit to either 3 or 4 days a week (depending on your program), and they work you out, military style, for an hour each time. It's not just any old workout . . there is an obstacle course, a rock wall, hurdles, walls to pull yourself over, etc. Honestly, it sounds really scary. Here is a link to the site: http://www.purepowerbootcamp.com/
Still, my stylist told me that there are people of all shapes and sizes in her class, including a woman who is around 300 lbs (they give people varying things to do, based on fitness level). Of course, she also said that it's not unusual for people to throw up during the workout (greaaaat. . . ) so I'm kind of scared! I'm not in great shape. . but I'd really like to be. And, I need something to kick me in the bee-hind and get me going. I'm not 100% sure about doing this, but I am at least going to check it out.Can you imagine? If I can make it through the six weeks, I bet that I would drop weight a bit faster and get toned up in a hurry for summer. . . . Stay tuned!

6 comments:
I bet you can do it! My boss did 2 six week bootcamps back to back. She was really nervous too bc although she works out 7 days a week, she is thought she would be the oldest person there (55) and that she would be surrounded by skinny fit girls. But once she went there were people of all shapes and sizes!
It would kick your butt for sure but in a good way!
They have something called the Navy Seal workout here in Richmond that sounds similar. I wouldn't know since I'm not invovled with it :-).
Let us know what you decide to do!
Sounds super scary but I think you should go for it. You will most likely lose a ton of weight, like 20 lbs, and think of how toned you will be. Plus it will teach you to be more disaplined going forward. Easy for me to say while I'll be sitting my FA on my deck drinking wine all summer. (I am so lazy). But what about the 300lb woman doing this class? Like, do they have an EMS waiting outside just incase?
Sorry...Disciplined...crappy speller here.
I have been lurking around your blog - time to confess that I love it. I was banded 1 after you and have lost 32 pound. I'm 57 years old and just yesterday signed up for a boot camp here in my area (Los Angeles). It's 5 days a week at o-dark hundred (5:30 to 6:30 a.m)!! I explained to the lady how old I was and how my knees are shot (from playing tennis too many years with too many pounds). Anyway, I say go for it.
that's 1 day after you. Congrats on your weight loss.
Post a Comment