Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shower Prep!

I mentioned the wedding I am going to in July, but may not have mentioned that I'm throwing a shower for the bride at my apartment on Thursday night. We decided to do this as a dinner because none of us are that in to the traditional bridal shower thing.

In preparation, I bought a damask tablecloth and hot pink runner on etsy.com. Here is how the table looks so far! I still need to iron everything and polish the glasses, etc., but you get the idea.

Am thinking it's looking pretty festive!

The shower should be fun -- we'll be 8 girls, and I'm preparing the meal myself, which is something I enjoy doing. I'm just doing my favorite salad, followed by a Paula Dean recipe for shrimp with cheese grits (the grits are not on the diet, to be certain!) and cupcakes. Very simple and hopefully will be very low stress.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

YUM! I love shrimp and grits... so good! The table looks beautiful - enjoy your time!