Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Inch-analysis

I had an interesting revelation yesterday. It turns out that I have lost almost as many inches during the last 17 lbs as I did during the first thirty. So, I guess all this exercise really is paying off.

For example at 30 down, I had lost 3.2 inches from my waist and 3.25 from my hips. But, just 17 lbs later, and my waist is down 6 inches and my hips are down 6.25. Also, I was 11.8 inches down in total (from the points I'm measuring) at the 30 lb point, but 21.6 inches down at 47 lbs.

I don't have time to do all of my measurements this morning (and I'm down another whole pound today. . . though I did have 3 glasses of wine last night, so maybe I'm a little dehydrated), but I checked my hips and waist and I've lost another fraction of an inch from both already. Interesting!


I'm very glad that I've been keeping track of my measurements, since it's really helped me get through this period where the scale hasn't shown much in the way of results!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you Catherine! I need to get re-measured too... sometimes I think we (I) look too much at the pound loss and forget to think about the inches, clothing sizes, etc..!

Mary said...

Thats awesome Cathrine! Im getting my 2nd fill today and Im going to be doing my mesurements tonight. I cant wait to see what kind of progress Ive made I can sure feel the diffrence especially since my clothes are falling off.

Amy W. said...

That is wonderful! Thanks to you I went and bought a pretty pink tape measure last week! Thanks for sharing this.

isnt it funny how many of us are doing bootcamp now bc of you? Although I think yours is much more hardcore than mine!

Catherine55 said...

I think it's fantastic that a bunch of us are all doing boot camp now! Also, Amy, I am always very happy to give others a reason to buy new things that are pink! :)