What a difference 53 pounds and 9 weeks of Boot Camp makes! I went for a run in my gym tonight and did the longest consecutive run that I've ever done -- 3 miles without stopping or slowing down to a walk (save for 1 minute at the very beginning)! And to think that less than a year ago, I was unable to run for more than a few minutes without my debilitating compartmental syndrome kicking in, pinching my nerves painfully and causing my calves to lose circulation.
I had my gym mix on and was listening to a great song, and the thought of how far I've come with my band's help came into my mind. I felt so happy that I could have cried! Instead, I just kept on running.
For all of my bandster friends who are trying to get into the gym, I am going to post my current workout mix. It's a really good one and will totally get you going (assuming you like dance music). A few of these versions are remixes, so if you're going to load them up to your iPod, be sure to get the right version. Here goes:
1. D.A.N.C.E. - Justice
2. Ooh Wee - Mark Ronson, Ghostface Killah & Nate Dogg (OMG, I LOVE this song, especially the cowbell . . lots of good cowbell!)
3. Right Here (Departed) [Mad Decent Right Mix] - Brandy
4. Jealous of My Boogie - RuPaul
5. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) (Dave Aude Remix Club Version) - Beyonce
6. Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
7. Sexy Dancer - Bob Sinclair (Amy, I think you will love this song!)
8. Poker Face (Jody den Broeder Remix) - Lady GaGa
9. Rock That Body - Black Eyed Peas
10. LoveGame (Dave Aude Radio Edit) - Lady GaGa
11. Another Star - Stevie Wonder
12. Fine Without You (feat. Jennifer Rene) - Armin van Buuren
13. What Else Is There? (Thin White Duke Remix) - Royskopp
14. Who Will Find Me (Main Mix) [Edit] - DJ Shah
15. All the Things She Said (Extension 119 Club Edit) - T.A.T.U.
16. Miles Away (Morgan Page Dub) - Madonna
17. Celebration - Madonna (this was just released this weekend!)
18. Forever - Chris Brown (because I love that wedding video with this song that is on YouTube so much)

8 comments:
oooh thanks, I like 99 percent of those songs. I'm writing them down!
So great you jogged for so long.. seriously. I did that down the farm.. down the loooooong drive to the house and was aware of getting a black eye (from the oversized boobs - sigh) the whole time. But I did it.. and I wasn't TOO puffed! It's the best feeling.
Cara, that is so great! (Well, other than the black eye!) :) That is very excellent that you motivated to get a good workout, and I hope this mix will help keep you moving! :)
No doubt awesome! You are doing so great Catherine!
That's great that you're doing so well on the run, and incorporating music into your post titles. :) I'm looking forward to being able to get back into a workout routine. Maybe by the end of the year I will be able to jog too. That would be something.
Love the dancey hits!! I will definitely be downloading those :-0)
Ooh, ooh I LOVE great music to exercise to! It makes exercising so much more bearable, doesn't it!? Thanks for the songs and congratulations BIG time on the lengthy run. My goal is to be able to run again. I miss it. I used to be on the track team!!! Hey! No laughing!
TOTALLY STEALING YOUR PLAY LIST VERY EXCITED FOR MY OPERATION!! GOTTA go buy myself one of those shuffles! CAUSE i usually just use my iphone but to big to go walking with!!!
Your such an inspiration! XXXXX
Alie
Post a Comment