Back on March 28th, I posted about seeing my dear friend Rob (second photo in the 3/28/09 post), and about how he expressed concern at the time about how little I ate at dinner one night.
Well. . . I haven't seen Rob since then. It's been nearly seven months! And, during that time, I've gone from 34 pounds down to 63! Nearly 30 more pounds -- and pretty significant ones at that.
He is in town today, and we're meeting up for lunch. I'm really excited to see his reaction to my appearance. If he expresses any concern at all, I'm going to tell him about my surgery. I know that he is trustworthy and can keep a confidence. Should be interesting!
7 years ago

9 comments:
Hi....
Not sure if I ever took a moment to say hello or to tell you how lovely your blog posts are (where are my manners?) so here I am....
Hello and I think your blog is just lovely.
You really have done wonderful, your writing style is such that your reader feels like we are traveling around in your handbag...and we are having a grand time along the way!
Love the boots and think you should buy a few pair!
Next time I'm in NY....we're going to have to meet for drinks!
Judi
Catherine, please post after you've had lunch! I'm sure your friend will be pleasantly surprised AND supportive!
Good luck and tell us how it goes!
Can't wait to hear all about lunch! Enjoy showing off all your hard work to a dear friend.
Why can't people just bug off and not worry what other people are doing? You know: you could just as easily NOT reveal your surgery and just talk about all the HARD WORK you've put in.
That's not a lie: it is only an ommission of part of the tool that helped you.
BUT YOU DID ALL THE WORK.
You could easily say: Please don't be concerned, I've learned much better eating habits, which means I eat small meals through the day, exercise alot and I have never felt better!!
Be well, Vanessa
Fun, I hope you have a good time at lunch!
Fun!! How did lunch go? did you tell??
Have the best time ever: wish you could photograph the look on his face because he's going to be full of awe. I'm doing the same tonight: my friend who I haven't seen for a year will now see me 50lbs down. It's exciting stuff!!
Aweee have fun! I went to homecoming and saw some people I havent seen in awhile and they all made nice comments :-) its a good feeling! Enjoy it and you'll know if it feels right to share. I have only told my Mom, Dad, siter, and 4other friends one I do not speak to now and I am ok with that group I am fairly certian the person I no longer speak to has told some folks from my old job but its no one has asked so I haven't said anything either.
Post a Comment