Still, it's crazy for me to think that I've lost the equivalent of these fish. . .

And this brown dog! Obviously, losing 60 lbs of weight feels much better than if I lost this sweet dog!
So far, no downward movement on the scale. I'm just bouncing up and down the same .5 lbs, as I usually do. It's especially annoying here though because I'm at a 10 lb mark. So, the second number on the scale varies based on whether the .5 is up or down! I'm looking forward to getting a few more pounds off so that this will not happen anymore.
I have a feeling that the last 14.6 lbs may take some time to get off, but I'm OK with that. I already feel good where I am and, while I'm excited to get to goal, it's OK with me if it happens gradually (as long as it happens)!

13 comments:
Catherine, I am a new bandster (banded 8/28/09), although I've read your blog since I started researching the procedure in May '09. I love your attitude! Are you ever going to share with us, your beginning weight and your goal weight?
It is really weird for me to think that I need to lose the equivalent of my dog. She weighs 85lbs, so I guess I am working on losing a Sophie!! Wow, congrats again on your wonderful progress!
Sometimes we need visual confirmation of our weightloss to make it really register in our brains, especially when it is our own weightloss. Congrats!
Hi, SoonToBeANewMe! Here you go. . .230 start, 169.8 as of this morning. . . So, when the scale goes up a little, it goes into the 170s. Most annoying!
I like to grab a weight or two at the gym and see what I've shed. It's really eye-opening because it always seems SO heavy! I know I lost that weight from ALL spread around my body but it's heavy nonetheless!!! Those are some big fish :D Congrats!!!
Congrats on the big fish stories. :)
Hi, I think I deserve a medal - grin. After reading the posts I was going to guess your starting weight at 234 pounds.
How tall are you - you look great now. And 14 pounds to goal is nothing really.
Hx
Love your blog! It's an inspiration-- and I feel alot in common with you. I will be banded in early January-- Dr. Ren-- and was once the NYC girl that you are today. (Dating/ dinners/ wine/ running.)
Now I'm more boring and live in the burbs, but am 39 yrs old and want the same great changes in my life that you've written about it yours... best, V
I love reading your blog. I get to vicariously hit goals through you. haha
Thanks, Catherine. I have a friend hooked on your blog too! Her band date is this coming Friday. She commented today that she has gathered much info from your blog. Thanks. 169! WOW! All the best to you!
Congradulations on being so close to goal! I bet it feels really good!
FAR OUT, Catherine. I just converted your pounds into kilos and you are sitting on 77.1 kilos!!! That is incredible. You look so beautiful AND now slim too. I just KNEW we weren't the same weight.. you are miles ahead of me. Brilliant!!!
That is like four kilos from where I want to get to. You constantly have me in awe at your get up and go and inspire me to reach that little bit further in my weight loss.
P.S.To lose a cute brown dog is much better than a great big smelly fish! lol
Hugs
Cara xx00xx
Congratulations to you!! I love to see the picures of the equivalent weights. You inspire me to work harder!
Post a Comment