Monday, November 3, 2008

12 Days Post Op. . (2 days to mushies!)

Quick check-in on how I'm feeling . . . I:

* Still have shoulder pain, darn it! It kept me up a little bit last night and hurts this morning as well, though at this point, it's a duller pain than I had after surgery;

* Am doing fine on the liquid diet. I keep mixing up what I'm eating (mainly different types of soups, cottage cheese and smoothies made with fruit & skim milk), and that has done wonders to keep this from getting boring.

* Am really disappointed that my weight loss has stalled, even though I know that this is supposed to be the healing phase (blah, blah blah. . .). Is just that everyone else I see on the Lap Band Talk site seems to be losing a ton during their liquids phase. Will try to make better choices -- am guessing that the lobster bisque and the few glasses of wine I had over the weekend are messing up the weight loss -- but I'm having so many fewer calories than normal that this just doesn't seem right!! Will be able to start exercising this week, so hopefully that will help as well.

* Am finding that burping isn't as big of a problem for some reason -- was very painful a few days ago, but I haven't had any issues with it for a day or two.

* Am learning how to deal with going to restaurants and am finding that it's not that hard as long as I prepare in advance.

* Seem to be getting a cold, which is not so festive. Fortunately, sneezing isn't painful for me (I've heard other people say it is for them after surgery), so hopefully it won't be too big of a deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your coming along well.
restrants get easier as you go along. They usually always have something you can do . For instance , Italian , Spaghetti sauce is a liquid , ask them to bring you some in a bowl and its usually YUMMY . Most restaurants have soups.On mushies mashed potatoes work, re fried beans, Que so and guacamole. If all else fails MILK SHAKE Or ICE Cream LOL
Let me know if you need more ideas !
Love Mindy