The last two soups I made were so yummy and band-appropriate that I thought I'd make another one! I wound up putting both of the soups I made last week into individual serving sized Tupperware and freezing most of them. Then, each day, I've been taking one of the containers to work and having soup for lunch -- with a yogurt for a snack and a SlimFast shake for breakfast. Between taking my breakfast and lunch to work every day, not only did I have good food choices available, but I also saved around $20 a day! (Appalling that a bowl of soup and a drink in NYC can easily run you $15!)
The soup I made today is a Curried Zucchini Soup from the Smith & Hawken "The Gardener's Community Cookbook." I got the recipe from the site of my grocery delivery service (link at end of post). This recipe was really easy and, if I hadn't wanted to stage the ingredients, I could have done it without dirtying much more than my cutting board, nonstick wok, blender and a big bowl.
Here are the ingredients (minus the salt . . will I ever learn to put everything out at once?!) . . .

First, I sauteed the zucchini, onion and garlic in 2 tbs of butter for 10 minutes. . .

Then I added in 1/2 of the chicken stock, pepper and curry powder. . .
Then, I pureed all of that in my trusty blender, remembering to take the top of the lid off & cover it with a towel so that I didn't get splashed with boiling soup!
Check out that manicure -- the color I have on is called "Bastille My Heart" -- loving it!! 
And then, I added in the milk and the rest of the chicken stock, heated it all up & was done! Took me about 25-30 minutes, all told!

Here is a link to the recipe -- http://www.freshdirect.com/recipe.jsp?recipeId=rec_wk_curry_zucch_soup&trk=srch
It' s tasty and worth making, but honestly, the other two were even better. I think that's because I like zucchini, but it's not one of those foods that I get excited about, unlike butternut squash and a spicy chicken soup.

No comments:
Post a Comment