Dr. Rumbaut's office helped me to arrange for my follow-up appointments and fills to be done through Dr. Ren at NYU. Yesterday was my first appointment there. I just went in, primarily to meet the people and to have them take a look at my incisions. I saw Dr. Ren (she and her husband, Dr. Fielding, are the doctors who co-wrote Khalia Ali's book about banding). Here is her photo and a link to the NYU Web site -- http://thinforlife.med.nyu.edu/aboutus/surgeons/ It seems that my incisions look good, and Dr. Ren cleared me to go on mushies! So, this morning, I had some cottage cheese with some sliced peaches (canned in lite syrup -- I never usually eat canned fruit, but it was good after 2 1/2 weeks of liquids). Not too shabby!
This morning, my grocery delivery of mushy-friendly ingredients came in. I got ingredients so that I can make two soups -- a winter squash soup with butternut and acorn squash and a chicken and cheese soup with green chiles. Will let you know how they turn out!
Here are links to the recipes I'm planning to use (will modify a tiny bit, e.g. no croutons & low fat cheese):

No comments:
Post a Comment