I have to admit that I'm really curious about who has been reading this blog and what everyone's story is! I know that readers from all over the U.S., Australia, parts of Europe and even Israel have logged on, which is amazing and wonderful to me! Would love to hear from anyone who is interested in posting. If you want to post, I'd love to hear. . .
- where you're from
- what your band date is (if you have one), and
- how things are going!
Hope all is well! Shout out to Cindy, who I hope is doing very well after her first fill!
BTW, I think my shoulder pain is finally gone for good!
7 years ago

8 comments:
Hi Catherine!!!
Just returned home from Phoenix this evening. Fortunately I get to combine my doctor's appointments with visiting our daughter!!!
My fill appointment yesterday was a breeze - just a tiny needle stick and a momentary "weird/cold" sensation as the fill went in. What I wasn't prepared for were the post fill instructions - 2 days of liquids and 2 days of mushies before real food again. What the heck?? I JUST started taking little tastes of real food last Wednesday!!! My tummy is SOOO confused right now!!! Well I did the liquids yesterday and again today up til dinner when I caved and ate some chicken and mashed potatoes!! Thank goodness I didn't have any problems. Hard to go back to broth again. Will have a better day tomorrow - I promise!!!
You asked about those who read your blog. I'm sure you know about me, but for your other readers I'm from Lake Havasu City, AZ. It's on the Colorado River on the border of California and Arizona and is the home of The London Bridge.
My band date was October 17th. From the beginning of the pre op liquid diet (Oct 5th) to now I've lost 21 pounds. I haven't been exercising yet but now that I'm four weeks post op I plan to join our local Curves.
Catherine - glad to hear your shoulder pain has finally left you. And we ALL share your victory with that darned scale!!! WHOOT-WHOOT!!! How have you been feeling??
Take care and keep writing - I love reading your Blog!!!
Hugs!!
Cindy
Heya! My husband and I MIGHT be getting the lap band on Dec. 11th. We are waiting right now to hear back from insurance and are DYING in the meantime. We have already started the 700 calorie pre band diet, but seriously fell off the wagon today and had pizza, ice cream, and a burrito. I hate this! But as soon as we find out if we can REALLY get it, we will be completely focused and ready! As hard as it will be...
Hi there! Well you know me from Lapband Talk. I love reading your blog and as you know it has inspired me to create my own blog.
For your other followers, I am Brianna. I was banded on the same day as Catherine, October 23rd. I am feeling great and yes, my shoulder pain is finally a bad memory...gone forever I hope. That was the worst!
I am from California but I currently live in Texas. We are a military family. We lived in Iceland for two years and England for three before coming back to the states. My husband is currently deployed for training but will be gone for six months.
http://livingwithdeployment.blogspot.com/
Catherine, I love reading your blog...keep writing!
Brianna
I am stalking your blog too!!!! haahahhahah...... I'm from Longview, Texas and had the lap band done on October 17, 2008. Have had a few slip ups, but for the most part trying to eat right. The first month is so hard!! I only had to do a week of liquids/mushies, and then onto real foods! Good luck with your journey and keep blogging!! I love it!!!
Hello,
I have been following your blog from the beginning. I am at the start of my process. I started the 6 month insurance diet this month. I hope to have the surgery in May.
Deborah
Southern Illinois
Thanks to everyone who responded!! It's so nice to hear from you and I hope that you will feel free to comment whenever you like.
Cindy, you are doing so awesome -- 21 lbs is amazing!! Glad the fill went well!
April -- very cool about you and your husband doing this together!
Brianna -- I thought of you today b/c one of my partners showed me a spoof NY Times that was dated as of 2009 and said that the war was over. I was thinking about what that would mean for you and your family. Was sorry to find out it wasn't really the news (but hopefully will be before long).
Lulu -- I lived in TX (Houston and Austin) for 12 years & love it! My dad is still there. One of my best friends moved from Kingwood (where we lived) to Longview just before our senior year.
Deb -- congratulations on beginning this process! I hope that the next 6 months goes by nicely for you and that all goes well with insurance.
Thanks again for posting, everyone! :)
Hi Catherine!
I'm another Cindy, living in California. I was banded on 10/28/08. It's great to see so many people banded within a week of each other here.
I'm reading your blog frequently to see what's going on for someone a few days ahead of me. So far I'm down 13lbs and I'm very pleased about that.
I can totally relate to a lifestyle that is filled with restaurants and cocktails. So far I'm afraid to try wine again but did survive my first meal out, a very nice broccoli and cheese soup.
Good luck on your new journey!
Hi, I follow your blog. Im 28 years old from CA. Im getting banded in Feb with Dr R in Mex. He is also giving me the same type of surgery with the two incisions. Love your pics and your recipies. Keep it up!
Post a Comment