
Cocky me . . . I got home from work a little while ago (it's 9:30) and was super hungry! So, I decided to have a few bites of a turkey meatball right when I got in and practically wolfed them down. A second or two later and I got the "golf ball" feeling I've been hearing so much about. . . and then the "sliming" effect I've also heard so much about . . . and then eventually, my first PB (well, a gently coerced PB anyway -- I just wanted it OUT).
I'm sure this would have been so much worse if I actually had saline in my band. I guess that's what I get for thinking I could just do whatever I wanted (within reason). Funny thing is, as I was eating the meatball, I KNEW that I needed to go more slowly and chew carefully, but I didn't. Lesson learned!!

2 comments:
I am dying to know more! What happened? What did it feel like? What does PB mean? And sliming? Don't be afraid of details...I need to know these things. I feel like I have eaten so many things that I shouldn't but haven't had any of these problems.
I must know more!
PB = productive burping (gross, right?! It's basically throwing up from your stoma -- less gross than real throw-up because there aren't any stomach juices in the mix).
It just felt very clearly like something was STUCK at the end of my esophagus. People have told me not to drink fluids when you get stuck because they just lie on top and don't help, so I just waited a minute to see if it would pass, and when it didn't (and just got tighter feeling), I went to the bathroom and helped the old PB along.
If it had happened in a restaurant, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten through it without telling anyone. Then again, I have no clue how much worse that would feel (if at all -- no clue!) if I was at restriction.
Post a Comment