
I really had a great birthday yesterday. I went with a few close friends to Ohm Spa, which is one of my very favorite day spas in NYC. We all had luxury mani/pedis so that we could be together during our treatments, and I brought in champagne and wine for us! It felt very decadent and wonderful!
Interestingly, I thought I wouldn't be able to have champagne because of the bubbles, but decided to try it out, since they poured me a glass of Veuve Clicot before I could say that I wanted wine instead. As it turned out, it was completely fine. I expect that once I have my first fill, that situation will change, but for now it was a non-issue. I'm glad. I don't mind giving up bread, but champagne is another story! :)
Suffice it to say that after the champagne and my dinner last night (not too crazy, but definitely went well over 1K calories yesterday), I'm planning to avoid the scale for a few days. I'm going to be on the straight & narrow this week and hope that that -- plus increased exercise -- will help me get rid of some more of those pesky pounds!

3 comments:
Well, it looks like you had an amazing birthday! I go in for my first appointment today. I am hoping that I will get a fill but i'm not sure. My progress has slowed so much and i've even gone back up a few pounds. That sucks! I can't wait to start seeing smaller numbers again.
Wish me luck!
Our insurance just approved the lap band today! YAY!
Congratulations, April!! That is wonderful news!!
Post a Comment